INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC with Xonar and ALC889 [Solved -- driver problem]  (Read 1420 times)

DiParagon

MC with Xonar and ALC889 [Solved -- driver problem]
« on: May 11, 2013, 03:09:29 pm »

So, i have done some extensive testing with this. There appears to be a problem which i cannot say if its MC (less likely) or Xonar drivers (more likely).

I own a xonar dx, a xonar dg and a motherboard with ALC889A and dolby home theater.

This all came about because i love everything about MC except one flaw which i was not sure why it was happening. I listen to streaming stations from places such as shoutcast when i sleep. During this time though after an hour or so, i would get what i feel is like skipping. But it isn't actually skipping its playing repeated cached data in intervals of 1-2 seconds apart and only for a half second each, roughly. It sounds like shorting in the music if that describes it better.

Now for general reference over the last 2 months i have tested all 3 sound cards for a minimum of 3 days at a time, i have re formated my PC with a fresh copy of windows 7 64bit enough to where i have to call everytime to activate it now so over 25 times in less than 6 months. All of that said the xonar drivers, and i have tried factory, uni and Daniel K drivers at various intervals at different times thru all of this. and with the xonar cards, the "skipping" always happens after a couple hours of streaming. I believe it may be linked to slight interuptions in the stream from time to time. Many different stations have been used from many different sources. Icecast, shoutcast, lastfm, to name just a few. And they have ALL been tested with wasapi, wasapi(event), asio directsound and i have even gone so far as to change from default device to specific speaker output, even tried over SPDIF to an old pioneer receiver i have. Again all Xonar attempts resulted in the skips, even with the latest uni's with 1815 drivers.

Now with the ALC889a it does not matter what version of driver i use this anomaly never happens. So, this leads me to believe it is the xonar drivers. Now to confirm i also tried winamp and foobar and Media Monkey and none of them had this problem either. So even though i think this is more a xonar issue, it is still possible it is in the MC area as well.

If you need more info, i would be more than happy to list all the driver versions i have tried, what pci or pcie slots were used, any information about my hardware setup you need. To duplicate this all you need to do is get a machine with a xonar and stream a radio station ofr a couple few hours and it will happen. I cannot imagine i would be the only who had this problem considering all the hoops i have jumped trying to find the problem.

Thanks and still love MC far more than any of the other competitors, I'm just going to be using my on board sound since i cant afford to by any other equipment but am more than willing to help track this problem down if i am not the only one hearing this.

EDIT: forgot to mention this is mc 18 up to and includeing the latest release 180

DiParagon

Re: MC with Xonar and ALC889
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

It turns out none of this was about MC or the soundcards for that matter. It would seem problems with nvidia drivers for all versions past 314.22 are causeing hikcups on the CPU and thus when it would hickup it would cause the player to stutter and sometimes get stuck in a loop.

So not sure if MC could improve in its ability to recorrect itself but either way this issue has nothing to do with the program or the sound cards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up