INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two mac interface inconsistencies  (Read 1579 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Two mac interface inconsistencies
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

Issues I have found:

1. I have double-click the title bar minimizes turned on (System Preferences).  So I double click the top-most bar in other apps and they minimize.  MC maximizes.
2. Control+Click does not right click.  I am only able to two finger click (multi-touch track pad).  Control+Clicking the desktop correctly performs right-click.

hansbeekhuyzen

• Recent member
Re: Two mac interface inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »

There are more: the menu bar is fixed to the window and the icons to enlarge or close the window is Windows style, preferences is not in the usual place nor does  CMD, work. I now have a situation where the Mediacenter window is too high on the screen. Normally )under OS X 10.8) you can grab any point along the bezel to drag it down, not with Mediacenter.
Having said that, it sounds even slightly more relaxed than Audirvana/iTunes and seems to be just as stable (ie not perfect but workable).

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:56:22 pm »

Command + Q doesn't quit, I'm sure this is known.  The upper left-menu should also have at least Quit in it.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

I finally figured out how to fix that one. I cut my resolution in half while media center was running. It recentered so I could grab the menu bar.

I now have a situation where the Mediacenter window is too high on the screen. Normally )under OS X 10.8) you can grab any point along the bezel to drag it down, not with Mediacenter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up