INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still need to disable Aero to get multi-monitor to work with MadVR?  (Read 2008 times)

icstm

• World Citizen

Hi all,

I run a dual monitor setup, an actual monitor on my desk and my Plasma TV.
When MC18 is in focus on the TV, there is smooth playback via ROHQ. However when it is not the main app in focus, say I am using Firefox on the other screen. Playback is not smooth.

This does not happen under MPC-HT

I finally tried all the switches in MADVR and realised that switching off aero (I cannot remember the acual named switch) appears to fix the problem, however when I read over at Doom9, it appears that I should not need to do that in MadVR for months.

Any thoughts on how I can avoid switching off Aero?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I don't have this trouble.  The only non-stock thing I change in ROHQ is turn off Full Screen Exclusive mode in MadVR.

It might be that your system is borderline capable of ROHQ?  What kind of system do you have there?

Mine is an Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770 at stock with an AMD 6870 and 16GB of RAM (though the RAM is certainly overkill for that application, but I run VMs).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team

I was wondering if you have an Nvidia card and changed the Multi Display/mixed-GPU acceleration and/or Power management mode settings?

icstm

• World Citizen

I have a SandyBridge i5 2500k and a ATI 6850 8Gb RAM

Now it is interesting that you "turn off Full Screen Exclusive mode in MadVR"
As on my system I find Windowed mode quite jerky especially in dual screen mode. (My main screen is the monitor via DVI, the Plasma is via an AVR on HDMI

Arcturus

• World Citizen

I also never had this issue. I am often doing stuff on my PC while my TV is displaying video from JRiver. I even have JRiver standard view on my desktop but detached the display to my TV.

Both screens are at 1080p and most of my content is 1080p/720p.

This ran smoothly on my old PC as it does now on my new PC Core I7 quadcore with a Nvidia 560GT.

Your system specs are a lot higher then my old PC so that should not be the problem per say.

I would check what your system load is like when its jerky see if there isn't something hogging up cpu / ram.

I will assume you did the obvious things like update your videocard drivers or reinstall them. If I would start looking for the blame it would be a place to start.

That problem would drive me nuts, I have reformatted for less. And if it still did it after a format I would really be giving the videocard the evil eye.

icstm

• World Citizen

It could well be the ATI/AMD issue.

There is no load on the CPU of note and it happens the whole time JRiver is not in focus.

@ Arcturus
Do you use Fullscreen exclusive mode or not?

glynor

• MC Beta Team

It could well be the ATI/AMD issue.

Unlikely.

As I mentioned, I'm using an AMD 6870.  Actually, I have three different systems with different AMD GPUs and I don't see this on any of them.

Only possible point in this regard...
How do you have the multi-monitors set up in Windows?  Is it a normal extended desktop, or are you using the AMD-specific EyeFinity style setup?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

icstm

• World Citizen

standard Windows extended desktop.
But they are on different resolutions and refresh rates (my monitor doesn't support 24p (or "23" setting in ATI driver)
Pages: [1]   Go Up