INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 7.2 - WMA licence problems  (Read 1477 times)

Teejactor

• nothing more to say...
MJ 7.2 - WMA licence problems
« on: March 05, 2003, 11:37:14 am »

After my hard drive failed i downloaded MJ 8 only to find that all the wma files i had previously generated no longer had valid licences.

The wma files I orginally generated were through my old version of MJ 7.2 which now no longer loads.

The Windows Media Player licence management wizard can't find my old licence either.....

I've got several gigs of music i now can't play!

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ 7.2 - WMA licence problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 11:47:00 am »

I think that is nothing you can do now, next time don't use DRM option
Made in Portugal

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 11:48:10 am »

Have you also installed Windows Media Player 9?

There is an incompatibility between WMP9 and MJ8 since MJ8 is an earlier software than WMP9. This could probably be your issue.

If so, you can either uninstall VMP9 (downgrading to a previous version) or upgrade MJ8 to Media Center 9, now in beta. In the later case, before attempting to upgrade please carefully check the faqs regarding License, since your mJ 7.2 will not be valid for MC9 unless you own a MJ8 license purchased before December 2002.

Hope this helps.

------
Listening to: 'Beside You' from 'The Complete Bang Sessions (Disc 1)' by 'Van Morrison' on Media Jukebox

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 02:06:37 pm »

I have MediaJukebox8 and WMP9 and i have no problem to play Wma Music ( without DRM ) the only isue here is to play Movies like DivX in MJ it's not possible :'( the problem here is that he encoded he's cd's using wma ( DRM activated ) and maybe he actualized WMP version or reinstaled OS, if he can't find the license i think that it's nothing he can do to solve the problem. Maybe some other more advance user than i can help you.
Made in Portugal

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 09:06:44 pm »

Sorry, i did not understand well the problem. Let's see if someone can help him.

Regards,

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 09:44:25 pm »

Tee...

I wonder...can you play any of them with WMP? I assume not since you said "Windows Media Player licence management wizard can't find my old licence either". If you could then it might be possible to strip the DRM out...or there may be a hack on the 'net that will do this. Sounds like a perfect Q to ask the dudes & dudettes at the Hydrogen Audio forum.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up