INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noises in CD digital playback  (Read 829 times)

Silicon Messiah

Noises in CD digital playback
« on: March 26, 2002, 02:02:17 am »

I've tried several beta versions but this problem continues:
I can't play any CD, using digital playback, without hearing noises that doesn't belong to the music. Next Page
In analogue mode everything works OK.
I also use other applications to reproduce CDs but MJ is the only one with this behaviour.
My CD player is an Asus 50x and my PC I thing it's more than enough to play CDs. It's an Athlon 1GHz with more than 700 MB of main memory (I can't put system info provided by MJ cause I?m at work right now).
Ah! In my both OS the problem exists, with W2K or XP, both professional edition.

Tank you very much.

One more thing, MJ is simply great. Please continue the excellent job! Next Page

Victor

RE:Noises in CD digital playback
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 02:24:49 am »

Make sure that in Device Manager for your CDROM you have the 'Enable digital CD audio....' checked.

Silicon|PLS|Messiah

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 04:20:05 am »

Thanks for the help Victor, but i have indeed my CD-ROM drive enabled for digital playback.
If the drive isn't enabled for digital playback MJ can't change track, it plays (also with noises) only the first and then stops.
I believe that the problem is in MJ because, for example, in Real One Player I can play CDs without any problem...
Anyone has experienced the same problem?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 06:50:26 am »

yes, I got the same problem.

It has been reported to JRiver, and I know that John who is the one handling these matters in MJ is aware of it,
and trying to reproduce it and fix it.

What you could do is to report it in the bug thread ("version 8.0.234 available..") stating as precisely as possible
what you experience, and include your system info (in MJ click "help" then "system info" and then "copy to clipboard", and then paste it in your post as well).

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 05:09:51 am »

Just to be sure we're comparing apples to apples, are you sure RealOne is playing the CD in digital mode and not analog? Can you rip tracks successfully with Media Jukebox? Check in "devices settings" and see if it makes a difference changing the "cd type" from IDE to ASPI or vice-versa.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Silicon|PLS|Messiah

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2002, 04:25:00 am »

First of all my thanks for your replies!

And now the problem?it?s gone! Next Page I?ve changed the controller settings from PIO mode do DMA and CD digital playback works fine now. I though my CPU wasn?t that bad and PIO mode would work, but...I'm confused...

JohnT, RealOne is using digital mode and no, I could not rip CDs without noises using MJ.

Thank you all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up