INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some very basic questions...  (Read 2023 times)

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
Some very basic questions...
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:20:25 am »

Hi. Some quick ones.

1. How do you set JRiver to open at the albums page rather than the webpage?

2.  How in Windows 7 do you set JRiver to load automatically on boot up? (My IT guy set this up before but a reinstall of JRiver means it doesn't do it anymore. I'm not a Windows guy.)

3.  I have some albums for which the artwork no longer appears in the albums window (the albums do) even though the artwork is there for every track.  How to fix?

4. JRemote. No longer connects to my audio pc/server. It used to work perfectly. When I try to connect via an access key I get the following error:

"Access key was verified but computer connection failed.  Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."

If i try to connect via the server's IP address I get the following error:

"Could not connect to your computer.  Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."

The PC is running and is connected to my network.  I see it as a connected device on my home network and I can verify the IP address is correct.  I have no problem connecting to the pc/server via my iPad with RDP. Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some very basic questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:31:36 am »

For No.2, that should be as easy as:
Tools > Options > Startup

Then pick whether you want MC to start our the server or both.

Easy as ..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:44 am »

Astromos suggestion is also good for No. 1. You can set the startup location there, too! It's the first option in this window called "Location".

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:46:45 am »

Thanks guys.  Do I need to have Media Server running to use JRemote?

Also, perhaps related to 3, I have at least one album appearing in the album list that shouldn't be there anymore.  I also have a few albums for which I get the error "something went wrong with playback".  Is there a way to reset all the linkages to files?  (All my music is stored on one drive D:/Data/Music.)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:47:04 am »

Yes, in order to use JRemote, Media Server must be running.

Hi. Som,e quick ones.

1. How do you set JRiver to open at the albums page rather than the webpage?
"Tools > Options > Startup" Set location to "Last Location".

2.  How in Windows 7 do you set JRiver to load automatically on boot up? (My IT guy set this up before but a reinstall of JRiver means it doesn't do it anymore. I'm not a Windows guy.)
Further down the same options page, set "Run on Windows startup" to either "Media Server" or "Media Center and Media Server"

3.  I have some albums for which the artwork no longer appears in the albums window (the albums do) even though the artwork is there for every track.  How to fix?
A couple of things to try: Select and right click affected files, choose either "Rebuild Thumbnail" or "Quick find in file / cover art directory". If neither of those help, start a new thread about this.

4. JRemote. No longer connects to my audio pc/server. It used to work perfectly. When I try to connect via an access key I get the following error:

"Access key was verified but computer connection failed.  Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."

If i try to connect via the server's IP address I get the following error:

"Could not connect to your computer.  Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."

The PC is running and is connected to my network.  I see it as a connected device on my home network and I can verify the IP address is correct.  I have no problem connecting to the pc/server via my iPad with RDP. Ideas?
When unsolicited traffic arrives at your router, unless the router has prior instructions as to what to do with specific traffic, it quietly discards it, and your attempted connection fails.
You must go into the "Port Forwarding" settings of your router and let it know that it must forward any traffic that arrives at port 52199 to the internal ip address of the server machine on your network. Also, while in the router options, you should go to the DHCP settings, identify the server machine in the list of connected devices, and add it to the address reservation list. You need this to ensure that whenever the server machine boots, the router always assigns the same ip address to it, which needs to be the same as the ip address given in the port forwarding instructions.
Again, if you can't get this working, it's best to start a new thread to deal with this problem exclusively.

-marko.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:52:09 am »

When unsolicited traffic arrives at your router, unless the router has prior instructions as to what to do with specific traffic, it quietly discards it, and your attempted connection fails.
You must go into the "Port Forwarding" settings of your router and let it know that it must forward any traffic that arrives at port 52199 to the internal ip address of the server machine on your network. Also, while in the router options, you should go to the DHCP settings, identify the server machine in the list of connected devices, and add it to the address reservation list. You need this to ensure that whenever the server machine boots, the router always assigns the same ip address to it, which needs to be the same as the ip address given in the port forwarding instructions.
Again, if you can't get this working, it's best to start a new thread to deal with this problem exclusively.

-marko.

Hmm. It worked perfectly before.  I simply dialled in the the IP address.  I have no way to manage port forwarding on my router.  It is a basic Virgin Media cable modem/wireless hub with limited control. (It does, however, always assign the same IP address to the audio server, the same one as before, but using this no longer works.)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 04:58:57 am »

First thing to do is ensure that Media Server is running. If it is, and you're still unable to connect, is it one of those Virgin Media "Superhub" things?

If it is, when you log in, hit the advanced settings button in the lower right beneath the big three, and then, under "Security" you should see the an entry that allows you access to the port forwarding options. See attached images.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 05:04:33 am »

Do I need to have Media Server running to use JRemote?

First thing to do is ensure that Media Server is running.

Voila!  Thanks a lot!

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:08 am »

Also, perhaps related to 3, I have at least one album appearing in the album list that shouldn't be there anymore.  I also have a few albums for which I get the error "something went wrong with playback".  Is there a way to reset all the linkages to files?  (All my music is stored on one drive D:/Data/Music.)

Ok  thanks to your help, I am now down to just the item above.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 05:08:35 am »

.... is it one of those Virgin Media "Superhub" things?

If it is, when you log in, hit the advanced settings button in the lower right beneath the big three, and then, under "Security" you should see the an entry that allows you access to the port forwarding options. See attached images.

Yes it is.  Thanks, this will be helpful for a number of things!

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 02:59:32 pm »

.... I have at least one album appearing in the album list that shouldn't be there anymore.  I also have a few albums for which I get the error "something went wrong with playback".  Is there a way to reset all the linkages to files?  (All my music is stored on one drive D:/Data/Music.)

Any ideas on this one?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »

If you hover over the files with your mouse, you will see the location.  Are the files there?

You can delete them.  Go slowly and read carefully.

MC has an option called Fix Broken Links under Tools/Import.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »

Hi. The files are where they are meant to be. I can connect to the drive from my Mac and play the files in Finder. (I manage the drive this way.)

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 03:39:04 pm »

Actually it could just be one track - the other tracks in the album play.  I just flipped, painfully, through the first track of every album I have and they play except this one.  Oddly, it will play fine in Finder as noted above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up