INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library shows multiple copies of the same File [Solved]  (Read 1690 times)

Unsionn

• Recent member
Library shows multiple copies of the same File [Solved]
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:18:35 pm »

Hi All.
Okay I have Media Monkey so I thought I would give JRiver 18 a try...I have a few issues but the main one is that when I ask JRiver to import files from my HDD it lists multiple copies of the same file even though there is only one file there.  It has with some files listed 16- 20 copies of the same file.  I have for example MURMUR the Album by REM.. it lists every track of that album 17 times. That is 12 x 17 entries in my libray or audio files list. Clicking on every one of the 17 libray entries plays the same track!  I have thousands of tracks like this!  I do not have this problem with either Media Monkey or iTunes.  When I import into either one of these I just get the 12 tracks that are on the album.  

Also find the db "lookup" for tracks/albums is pretty poor. Put a track or a series of tracks into JRiver for info lookout ..nothing!  Put it into Media Monkey is right back at me in seconds with a list of choices?

Anybody got and solutions to the above?

Saluti,
Unsionn

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library shows multiple copies of the same File
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »

If you hover over a file, you can see its location.  Try that with the duplicates.  It should show what the problem is.

On the lookup problem, maybe your firewall is blocking access.

Unsionn

• Recent member
Re: Library shows multiple copies of the same File
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 05:40:00 pm »

Hi JimH:

Solved the problem by clearing all the "tags" of the affected albums and inserting new ones - don't know exactly what particular part of the tag file was causing the problem. Used dbPoweramp's tag editor to do this.
Thanks for your assist.

Regards,
Unsionn  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up