INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move, & Copy File Suggestion  (Read 1375 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Rename, Move, & Copy File Suggestion
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

When the search bar in the options dialogue was moved to the bottom next to the ok, cancel buttons because it makes more sense for them to be close. The same is true for Rename, Move, & Copy Files. For example in the images below. Right now it's quite a stretch going from the top left to the preset button or to the ok & cancel button using the mouse..

Before

After

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Rename, Move, & Copy File Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:33:19 am »

I'm so used to looking at the bottom right for OK / Cancel, that putting them somewhere else seems a little confusing.

I actually couldn't find the buttons on your proposal for the first several seconds.

However, a lot of people miss the 'Preset' button, so it might make sense to move that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:51:39 am »

that makes sense, once a user has their presets configured they would rarley edit the rules, but having the preset button next to the other buttons is a little less strain on the wrist

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:43 pm »

… and it would make sense to display which preset is active (the name under which it was stored).

Currently we have to guess.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »

I have a suggestion: with all that extra space in the left hand column, perhaps make presets a list in there, rather than a drop-down menu?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »

I have a suggestion: with all that extra space in the left hand column, perhaps make presets a list in there, rather than a drop-down menu?

+1.

Now that I use this - a lot (after completely missing it like many others) - having to press Preset  - to apply a preset, create a preset - makes no sense.

There should be a listbox in this space - listing all current presets that I made OR perhaps with a radio button at the top that could filter by System or User. When I highlight a preset - there should be a Apply button. And there should also be buttons on/near/under this listbox labelled Add, (maybe) Edit and of course - Delete.

If one wants 30 user presets - with the current implementation - and just a Preset button - the menu that flies off that thing is ridiculous

This item needs some TLC and with that - would be become much more useful.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up