INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make dyamic categories in Gizmo?  (Read 1363 times)

monkbroc

• Recent member
How to make dyamic categories in Gizmo?
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:14 pm »

I'd like to have a sub category in my Gizmo view for TV Shows that shows which episodes I've seen and which ones are new.

I added this Expression called Played in the Show Categories In This Order list for my Gizmo View.
if(isempty([Number Plays], 1),New,Played)

I restarted MC and I can see the category fine in Gizmo. When I play a video from the New category, I see the Number Plays increase in MC on my computer. I would expect to see that video in the Played category from then on in Gizmo. However, when I navigate back to that TV show in Gizmo and pick New, I still see the episode I have just watched, i.e. the Played expression is not re-evaluated for display in Gizmo. If I restart MC then I see the episode I just watched in the Played category.

Is this the expected behavior? How can I make a category with dynamic content for Gizmo, i.e. a category where the content might be different every time I navigate to it in Gizmo?

I have MC 18.0.158.

Thanks.

monkbroc

• Recent member
Re: How to make dyamic categories in Gizmo?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »

It seems that playlists get updated content every time you navigate to them in Gizmo, but I haven't found out yet how to do this with categories defined using Expressions.

monkbroc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 03:42:21 pm »

Anybody know how to make Gizmo reload its views?

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:51:52 am »

No, but I too will look at this when I get time, as I too do a similar thing locally on the PC.
But as you say on Gizmo, it is easier to have 2 buckets, one of watched items and one for unwatched.

What I am slightly confused by is the fact that this view you have created for Gizmo is being treated like a playlist.
My views in Gizmo (I have added one to show seasons and episdoes correctly) does not show up as a playlist.
What you are suggesting is that it will not  appear to update as soon as manually change tags on the PC - so I can easily check that!

As I sit here thinking, I seem to remember that Gizmo appears to load on first use, so maybe close and re-open Gizmo? To check I guess you could load webGizmo after you have watched a file and see if it has the same list as Gizmo on your device did before playing.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 07:18:26 am »

An update:
I note that if I use similar code in Theatre View, then the list is dynamic but not instant. By which I mean, if I watch a few things back to back, then all but the last episode will have been correctly moved to the played list when I return from the NOW PLAYING view.

Do you find a similar thing in Gizmo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up