INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Sharing Question  (Read 1112 times)

Sage

File Sharing Question
« on: March 25, 2002, 12:43:40 pm »

Thanks to everyone for your help. Last question for today, I have M.J. on both computers in our household.
How can we share files on both computers. The version on both computers is 8.0.234 Thanks in advance, Sage.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:File Sharing Question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2002, 12:49:18 pm »

Take a look at the Help section in MJ and read about Music01.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Sage

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2002, 12:56:36 pm »

Not sure if it's just me but when I click on "Help" nothing happens?

DMC-A1

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2002, 03:53:05 pm »

Are your computers networked?  If so in Windows 2000 you can:

OPEN MICROSOFT EXPLOYER:  Set up one directory with all your music files (eg call it MUSIC).  It can contain subdirectories.  Right click on the MUSIC directory, select properties and enable file sharing.  Type MUSIC as the sharename.

Go to NETWORK PLACES on both computers and find the shared drive.  Right click on the drive and Select MAP NETWORK DRIVE.  Pick a drive designation (like M).

Now set MJ on both computers to find the files on drive M.  No sharing issues unless both computers try to play the a file at the same time.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2002, 05:10:49 pm »

If clicking on Help in MJ doesn't work, then that's a different problem.  Could be a video driver problem.  You might want to try updating it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Scronch

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2002, 05:38:24 pm »

>No sharing issues unless both computers try to play the a file at the same time.

DMC - Playing a file should only read it, correct?  Why would two PC's trying to play the same file cause a sharing error?

Scronch

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2002, 06:15:35 pm »

-If you just want to share the files (not the playlist, organization etc), just share the folder with music on the network

-if you also want to share the MJ library, you can setup a Music01 private server

(potentially you could also share the library between computer is all but one were in "party mode" (no modificatio to the libary), but I think this makes it very esy to screw up and corrupt the library

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up