INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android bug thread  (Read 2310 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Android bug thread
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:25:51 pm »

This is meant to cover discoveries we've all made about problems with android playback.

bob

• Administrator
Re: Android bug thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

I found one on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android version 2.3.4. If the audio conversion mode is set to "High" we don't convert mp3 files sent to the device. There is a buffering bug on the device that causes Gizmo to lock up if there is coverart with anything but minimal size embeded in the track. The workaround is to drop the quality to "Medium" on the device which forces conversion which strips off the tags.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:20 pm »

The same device (Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android version 2.3.4) doesn't play video at all.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:03:50 am »

The same device (Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android version 2.3.4) doesn't play video at all.

EDIT : there are several models of galaxy tab (galaxy tab or galaxy tab 2?) (10 inch or 7 inch?)

are you sure this device does not already have an official update to version 4.0 ICS? if not, is Flash installed correctly on the device?

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:57 am »

hitting the phone's search button (for hardware buttons AND virtual buttons) should launch activity jriver.shared.remote.SearchLibraryActivity but it does not for the 2 devices i own. is this just me or unimplemented? (in which case not so much a bug as an inconvenience ^ ^)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:56:11 pm »

EDIT : there are several models of galaxy tab (galaxy tab or galaxy tab 2?) (10 inch or 7 inch?)

are you sure this device does not already have an official update to version 4.0 ICS? if not, is Flash installed correctly on the device?
It's the original Tab, sprint version 7". It's not upgradable without rooting.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 06:23:36 am »

Today I updated Gizmo from the play store and now seeking doesn't work for video. The play bar updates to the position you touch but the video always starts playing from the very beginning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up