INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyway to keep MC in systray until such time as I call Theater Mode?  (Read 965 times)

Belarathon

• World Citizen

For the life of me, I can't figure this out.  I want to keep MC in the sytray, much like you can with foobar and winamp.  I've tried using server mode, but every time I play a song or add a folder via the context menu shell extension, MC pops up in standard mode.  I have "jump to windowed display mode" unchecked, but it does so anyway.  Help please?

Appreciated,

Cary
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anyway to keep MC in systray until such time as I call Theater Mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

Yep.

Options > Startup > Windows Startup.  Or something like that, in not right in front of it now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 07:46:11 pm »

There's also an option to minimize to the tray, which works a bit differently.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 07:56:59 pm »

Yep.

Options > Startup > Windows Startup.  Or something like that, in not right in front of it now.

Not seeing it there.  I know about minimize to tray.  I just want it to stay down there unless I use Theater Mode.  I prefer to use Windows Explorer to add songs.  When I do, MC pops up.
When MC supported mini skins, I just pulled the player up well past the dimensions of the desktop, and it remembered that position.  So I never had to see MC unless I wanted to.  That doesn't work with mini mode or standard modes.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810
Pages: [1]   Go Up