INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume: 0% is not silent? (and other volume thoughts)  (Read 1143 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Volume: 0% is not silent? (and other volume thoughts)
« on: June 07, 2013, 09:44:46 am »

Hello –

Here's an amusing one. As the mute button on the keyboard doesn't work, I just held down the down volume button until it got to zero...and I could still hear music, but nice and quiet.

Also, any chance we could get a more Mac-like implementation of volume, one that travels in percentage increments? I have yet to figure out a good way to juggle internal vs system volume. Maybe if we left MC on internal volume, the media keys would only control its volume when it's focused, and would control system volume otherwise? Disabled volume does not behave as I would expect. I'd think disabled would be MC volume control does not exist but system volume would be controlled by media keys. Nope: nothing happens with volume keys.

I know you guys are still working on media keys themselves, but what are your thoughts on how volume should be handled? None of these paths is ideal as is, I think.

Thanks –
Micah

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Volume: 0% is not silent? (and other volume thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:04 am »

0% Internal Volume should be silent.

0% System Volume will be up to the system / hardware.

Media keys should work on Mac now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Volume: 0% is not silent? (and other volume thoughts)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:38 am »

Ah, I see, I was gone for a couple weeks and missed some development. 0% internal is silent. And mute works when I am on internal as well. I can live with this. Great, thanks.

The track back/forward buttons don't work for me still, though. I'm on .194. ? Ideas?

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up