INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musixmatch Floating Lyrics  (Read 14634 times)

AtlantasRealtor

Musixmatch Floating Lyrics
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

I'm enjoying Musixmatch, a floating lyrics provider, that provides lyrics via apps to Spotify (supports rdio, Rhapsody, Play Music, and deezer too).  The reportoire is claimed to be about 7 million songs including many classical vocal pieces.

Lyrics will either post in their entirety or will "float" onscreen in time with the music with only the applicable and next verse displaying.  This lyrics solution is much cooler than looking up lyrics in another application totally unrelated to your music player.  With your television capability, I'm assuming the lyrics would display there if you are able and interested in implementing this app.

I did a search for Musixmatch on your site and in Musixmatch for JRiver and found no references in either location.

Please give this facility some thought.  It works beautifully with Spotify on my PC and on my phone.  Musixmatch is a working app on Google Play Music and is claimed to be working in YouTube.  I have not verified YouTube.

Thanks for any consideration.

Dorsai

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »

+1

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 02:16:43 am »

+1

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Musixmatch Floating Lyrics
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:25:48 am »

You can use MiniLyrics as a plugin for floating lyrics in mc.
Lyrics Format: .lrc
But you have to pay for it.

So, a +++1 from me for this feature to be integrated in mc.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

AtlantasRealtor

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »

Thanks for the +1's.  I think the addition of this plugin would be outstanding for JRiver. 

Pop is widely covered by Musixmatch, but it is a thrill to see classical vocals also be displayed.

I have now verified that MusixMatch is working in YouTube. 

Chrome extensions need to be installed and enabled for Spotify, Google Music, and YouTube.  In the case of YouTube, you also need to enable captions.  Just a note, settings in YouTube allows you to enable better resolutions.

Thanks for the tip on MiniLyrics.

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »

Have you seen this ?

https://developer.musixmatch.com/faq

from their website :

We offer annual data licensing packages that are customized to meet your needs with fees ranging from $25,000 to higher depending on the audience for the data and which data are being licensed. We are not able to offer any sort of data license for less than $25,000. Usually in case of a web site we do offer a fixed CPM offering so you're charged every 1,000 lyrics displayed. In any case we would ask a minimum year fee of 25,000$

Can JRiver afford this ?

AtlantasRealtor

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »

The price appears to be steep; yet I don't know the size of the user base.  It could be that the offer of this integrated service would further boost sales of JRiver and make it worthwhile.  With Musixmatch being spread to multiple programs and devices; it does appear to have a future.

On a side note relating to lyrics, I installed MiniLyrics on my PC and it is running quite nicely with JRiver.  It also installed on VLC and FooBar.  These are the only players I am using.  Support for 23 players is claimed by MiniLyrices.  Nice touch!  It will be interesting to see the extent of their repertoire.  Installation to Android, Apple, and older versions of Windows are also available.  Appears to be shareware with fees of $5 per year for one computer and $10 for 3 computers.  Installation was fast and easy.  Thanks to Stuckmojo for this nice tip!!

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »

Glad to see i could help you.  :)

I bought the Lifetime License for 1 Computer - USD $19.99.

Not to expensive i think and you don't have to pay again for upgrades or pay every year for it.
Onkyo TX-NR906

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 10:25:38 am »

+1 for Musixmatch.

I tried also minilyrics but in my system I have some difficulty to make it start with MC; when it starts It works nicely but the .lrc database is not so good (you find .txt lyrics for most of the tracks but synchronization is most of the times awful)

An embedded synchro lyrics feature would be ideal and with every new version I ask jriver for it but it seems not be a priority for developers.... :-[
Bye!

Andrea

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 11:36:47 am »

I don't know to what kind of music you're listening, but for me most of the time it finds synchronized lyrics for my songs.

Nearly always there are multiple versions of synchronized lyrics available.
If one doesn't match from the beginning, try another one.
In my opinion the database is big and not small.
You can also try to adjust the downloaded synchronized lyrics while playing the song for yourself.
There are keyboard shortcuts available for this.

I think you didn't spend much time with MiniLyrics.......

Database is user-based. Everyone can make his own synchronized lyrics (really not complicated) and upload them within the program to crintsoft server.
So that every minilyrics user can download and use them.
Onkyo TX-NR906

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

Ok I didn't spend much time with MiniLyrics but I tried several tracks with diverse musical genres (sixties, prog, post punk, 2000s indie rock just to name a few) and in my experience nearly for every of them it finds txt but only for 50 maximum 60%  it finds .lrc.... maybe I've been unlucky.
Another thing that I found annoying is that I'd like MiniLyrics to start automatically when MC starts but in ML menu there are a lot of player (foobar, mmonkey,etc) but no MC so I have to start it manually....but maybe it's me that I am not so able.

I found very useful the text editor that allows you to synchronize on the fly a txt file!
I didn't see it so... thank you!
Bye!

Andrea

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

Thanks StuckMojo, I am going to have to try out MiniLyrics now. It could improve the WAF quite a bit . . . maybe.  :D

Another thing that I found annoying is that I'd like MiniLyrics to start automatically when MC starts but in ML menu there are a lot of player (foobar, mmonkey,etc) but no MC so I have to start it manually....but maybe it's me that I am not so able.

MiniLyrics should start automatically with MC, according to this: http://www.crintsoft.com/foobar2000-lyrics.htm

I haven't run the install yet, but I assume that you have to tell it to install for MC. Did you do that?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »

I Have but it didn't start automatically, I really don't know what I did wrong...
Bye!

Andrea

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:21 am »

That's really strange. I have to say, i'm still using mc 19, but no problem with Minilyrics.
Is the plugin active in MC? (MC->Plugins->MiniLyrics)
Autostart works for me.If it is not there i think mc won't start minilyrics.

I haven't run the install yet, but I assume that you have to tell it to install for MC.
Yes, you can choose all supported players, if they are installed on setup!

But i disabled Autostart a while ago. I made a shortcut for my remote to de/activate minilyrics.
I also made shortcuts for my remote to adjust synchronized lyrics on the fly while playing songs. Works really nice.
Onkyo TX-NR906

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 02:03:59 pm »

I installed it for MC.
That's really strange. I have to say, i'm still using mc 19, but no problem with Minilyrics.
Is the plugin active in MC? (MC->Plugins->MiniLyrics)
Autostart works for me.If it is not there i think mc won't start minilyrics.

I find MiniLyrics in left column of MC under services & plugins so I think It's active but I can't do anything from there (enable/disable, configure autostart)

Bye!

Andrea

AtlantasRealtor

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »

I installed MiniLyrics and had the opportunity to choose which programs to add it to upon setup of the install program.  I'm still learning the details of the program; but think I need to double click MiniLyrics under the plugins tab when opening MC for the first time on a given day.  After that startup, it seems to launch automatically even after closing MC.  I'm running 2 monitors and and lots of screens and tabs; so it is easy to "lose" MiniLyrics" in the screen clutter as the display screen is re-sizeable.  However, the program can always be recalled from the task bar.  It is a nice program.  I also purchased a lifetime license for this software. The freeware reminders seemed "soft" but I only waited a day to buy the license.  Your mileage may vary.

Now, I have lyrics support on all my PC players for my music library.  With Musixmatch, I have lyrics support for Spotify, Google play music and Google Youtube Key whether on the PC or my Android OnePlus One.  These solutions are immeasurably better than looking up A-Z lyrics as I used to do. 

JrPinto

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 08:36:20 am »

Hi, There!

I installed Minilyrics on Windows, including the JRiver plugin, but I cannot get it open automatically when a song starts playing on JRiver 20.

Other problem is, even when I start it manually, the lyrics are not show when songs starts playing.

Anyone to help me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up