INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard control  (Read 543 times)

Sham

keyboard control
« on: March 24, 2002, 11:35:27 pm »

I love MJ, but I can't control it with my new Logitech keyboard music buttons.  The keyboard software only seems to recognise Windows Media Player (piece of junk) and Creative Playcenter (double junk).  Is there something that MJ needs to register with the system so that other apps know that it's a music player and therefore be able to get it to play/pause/stop using the special buttons on the keyboard?

Thanks

Sham

Sudadon

RE:keyboard control
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 11:55:52 pm »

I have the same problem but J River has yet to solve this problem.  Media keys work fine on WinAmp, Sonique and Real Jukebox.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2002, 04:22:02 am »

[from another thread]

The wireless keyboard and mouse worked well, too. It took a little time but most of the media keys on the keyboard (volume, play, stop, next track, last track, etc.) work now. I had to add a line to a file called players.ini in the Logitech directory. Thanks, Gatobrit, for reporting it in your earlier thread. Here's the line again:

MediaJukebox=cmd,media jukebox.exe,MJFrame,MEDIA JUKEBOX,xxx,32778,32779,32780,32781,32782,0,1,Media Jukebox
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Sudadon

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 11:50:27 pm »

Thanks JimH for the info.  It surely solved my last dissatisfaction about this problem!
Pages: [1]   Go Up