INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All of a sudden I get "Something Went Wrong With Playback"  (Read 1095 times)

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
All of a sudden I get "Something Went Wrong With Playback"
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:07 pm »

"Playback could not be started on the output ASIO using the format '44.1kHz 64bit 2ch'."

The file is a stereo 44.1kHz, 16 bit, ripped CD.  I don't understand why JRiver is suddenly trying to send 64 bits to my Juli@ sound card now how to change it back to simply send the underlying file as is. DSP is not enabled.

BradC

• World Citizen
Re: All of a sudden I get "Something Went Wrong With Playback"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:15 pm »

I have also been having this problem lately.

It occurs when switching zones. I am using the same audio output settings for each zone (ASIO), but it would be switching sample rates.
I get this error when the zone switch is first triggered. If I select the same file to play again, playback works without error.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Problem With ZoneSwitch "Something Went Wrong With Playback"
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

Similar.  In my case it happened when I clicked on a multichannel track on JRemote for the first time. I have set up two zones, "Stereo" and "Multichannel" and Zone Switch set such that the right zone is selected depending on the number of channels (less than or equal to 2, greater than 2). The multichannel album is a ripped DVD-A disc I own. I could manually change zones and play the tracks but could not go back to playing other stereo albums. I installed the latest update and started to get a similar message:

"Playback could not be started on the output ASIO using the format '44.1kHz 16 bit 2ch'."

In the end, I reinstalled the Juli@ driver to overcome the problem.  I've not tried to play multichannel again.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Problem with Zoneswitch "Something Went Wrong With Playback"
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 05:05:12 am »

Anyone? Zoneswitch causes the issues noted above.  I have no problems if I manually select the right zone before playing a multichannel track but if I enable Zoneswitch I have to do a complete cold reboot of the PC because of this error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up