INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question concerning Movies and Tv shows  (Read 1722 times)

jaydafeesh

Newbie question concerning Movies and Tv shows
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:06 am »

Hi all.

I am currently on my trial period and loving it so far (waiting for payday to purchase).

When I imported my movies it has imported some of movies into Tv shows. I have redited so it is the correct movie but it is still showing as a tv episode. How do I move it back into Movies?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie question concerning Movies and Tv shows
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:59:05 am »

You need to change [Media Subtype] to Movie. You can do this via tagging. (hit Alt+Enter on a file)

If you are using auto import, you can also set up a rule to so that all future imports from a directory have a specific media type assigned to them.

jaydafeesh

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:20:12 am »

Thanks.

kkl

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:30 pm »

This looks like it should be straightforward, but I can't figure it out.  I have a TV episode that is showing up in Movies rather than Shows.  OK, so trying to follow the directions above, I open the Tag for the file and...find nothing about a media subtype.  My options are Date, Episode, Genre, Name, Season.  There is no media subtype.  The video is showing up in the Movies list.  What am I not understanding?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:27 pm »

There are 2 tag windows. The small one (with only a few options) when you open it initially, but (I'm pretty sure) if you right click you can "Show all tags".

kkl

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

Thanks for responding.  I didn't see the expanded list when right clicking "Tag" under the file, but in the Tag section of the left pane, there is a tiny icon in the upper left corner that lets you change the viewing option to Show All Tags.

Now the next question, is there any way to change the Media Subtype for multiple files?  Five clicks per file takes awhile.

BTW, now that you've told me there is a "Show All Tags" option, I looked for that phrase in the Wiki and found nothing.  A powerful program that isn't documented loses a lot of its power.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:55 am »

If you select all the files you want to change, then open the tag window, you can change all files at once.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 07:01:07 am »

The easiest way for me to administer my database/files is to view the files in Standard View. You can sort by file/movie name or date imported, find the error and then click on the file to highlight, hit F2 key to edit (if you click on the file in the column you want to edit the F2 key will open the edit box in that column. If your in the wrong column just use the Tab key or Shift-Tab to move the edit box right or lift. You can also use the arrow keys).
If you right click on a column header, you will get a selection box where you can add or remove columns.

The Action Window shown at the lower left also has a "Tag". You can click on a file and then select Tag, and edit there too.

kkl

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

Thanks very much CountryBumkin and imugli for the very helpful advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up