INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing image file properties inside MC  (Read 813 times)

Gsan

Editing image file properties inside MC
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:19:10 am »

Hello to all!

I’ve just bought MC 18, and I’m really enjoying it for playing and organizing  audio files. However, Im still figuring out how to organize my image collection the same way.

The problem I’m having right now is that most changes made to the image tags inside MC are not being carried on to the file in its disk location. I have a lot of files which were not taken with the correct year information (not my camera!  :D)…so its really important for me to change date info…
Ive checked the “Update tags when file info changes” and “Store in file tags (when possible)” fields already without any success…

Any help  is welcome!

Thank you!
Guilherme

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Editing image file properties inside MC
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:14 am »

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to amend the shooting time of photos using MC. This is something we need for situations such as yours, as well as images acquired from a scanner, and also photos taken with our own cameras, where we've forgotten to set the time after it's changed for daylight savings.

I know that Matt is averse to any form of EXIF editing, but for me, shooting time is a must-have.

For now, have a look at XnView. It's free for personal use and allows editing of shooting time. Once edited, MC's auto-import will pick up and import the new information.

-marko.

Gsan

Re: Editing image file properties inside MC
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:45 am »

Thank you very much for your support Marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up