INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes m4p files no longer playing, even on authorised computers.  (Read 1190 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

As in the title. On one computer, the progress bar advances, but no audio. On another PC, MC keeps asking that the PC be authorised. Go to iTunes, and iTunes keeps insisting that the PC s already authorised.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: iTunes m4p files no longer playing, even on authorised computers.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:26:46 am »

DRM protected M4P will play in the QuickTime engine.  The QuickTime engine can only use the default Windows audio device (so not the zone's audio device).

Could that explain part of the issue?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »

I'll give it a go tonight, Matt. Thanks. I'll also see about removing that stupid DRM; I think I heard it's possible with an additional fee?

saiyan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »

May be you just need to download the latest AAC files in iTunes to replaced DRM protected files?

See http://www.tuaw.com/2012/12/04/is-itunes-plus-gone-itunes-11-offers-drm-free-audio-re-download/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »

May be you just need to download the latest AAC files in iTunes to replaced DRM protected files?

See http://www.tuaw.com/2012/12/04/is-itunes-plus-gone-itunes-11-offers-drm-free-audio-re-download/

Thanks. Looks promising!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 05:36:12 pm »

I don't know when the change was made, because I have definitely re-downloaded a number of tracks since that article was posted, but it does indeed seem that all but one of my previous iTunes purchases are DRM-free M4A files now.

I have a very limited selection from iTunes though, as their download quality just doesn't cut it in my opinion. But it looks like I can get rid of QuickTime now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up