INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't launch JR18 after recovering  (Read 1070 times)

audioasb

• Recent member
Can't launch JR18 after recovering
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:49:37 am »

I had to recover my crashed HP computer and am re-loading all my programs.  I've recovered JR18 properly and can see it in my downloads with the Office 2013 logo next to it but I can't open it.  Says "can't open mjr files".  Wiki is useless - it's far too advanced for my meager computer skills.  I just want to listen to my music again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Can't launch JR18 after recovering
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:05:24 am »

I'm not an expert but it sounds like what you have in your downloads, is the license file for JRiver, not the installation file and JR Media Center is not yet installed (the reason why Windows doesn't know how to open the .mjr file). I would check in the Start-Programs list to see if JRiver Media center appears there because if it doesn't, you must start by installing it. You can download the latest version

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180195.exe

Once you double click on the install file and it finishes installing, you should be able to double-click on the .mjr file in your downloads folder. You may need to download a new license file as it only works within 14 days of download.

If this doesn't work, check out the Wiki page Jim mentioned.

audioasb

• Recent member
Re: Can't launch JR18 after recovering
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »

That worked!  Thanks a million.  I'm importing now and can't wait to start listening to my library of uncompressed WAV, AIFF and FLAC music. 

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Can't launch JR18 after recovering- SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 03:26:30 pm »

Glad to hear that it worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up