INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Media Slideshow Mistakes  (Read 1030 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Online Media Slideshow Mistakes
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

The media slideshow in Theater View is great. However, it seems to only use the "Name" tag field to initiate its research. Movies that have multiple versions or different movies with the same name can generate mistakes. Wild Strawberries by Ingmar Bergman generates a slideshow based on a French movie by the same name. The film "Hero" with Jet Li also uses a slideshow from a similarly named movie.

Similarly, in audio, there is much confusion between John Williams the composer and John Williams the guitarist (fortunately not with John Williams the actor!).

Is there a solution to this. It is of minimal importance, but it would be great to have some flexibility there out side of the search engine options in Theater View options which I assume would help very little.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Online Media Slideshow Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:05:48 pm »

MC uses TMDb for the slideshow. You can go directly to this site and see how they name the titles. I believe they will add the year to a title if another movie exist with the same title. E.g. the movie "The Thing" is listed on TVDb as "The Thing (1982)" and "The Thing (2011)".

Add the year to you title and that should fix it.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27:32 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I did try this before - putting Wild Strawberries (1957) in the "Name" field - but then it shows the generic "Ticket" and Theater" slides. Putting the TMDb number in the that field also makes no difference ...

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »

After further testing, it's even stranger. If a movie is unrecognized by the Slideshow such as Hitchcock's "Spellbound" or "Stage Fright", adding the year to the name magically works. However, if the movie is WRONGLY recognized, such as "Hero" or "Wild Strawberries", then adding the year makes it unrecognized.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 04:19:53 pm »

Hmm, it seems to work for me for all the movies I have with this issue. I don't have "Wild Strawberries" but I checked and you are right it should be "Wild Strawberries (1957)".  Do you at least get rid of the mistakes when using years with the title?

Are you using the standard views in Theater View?

I do get "Ticket" and Theater" from time to time on some movies but I kind of suspect that it is TMDb being slow in answering sometimes. Leaving the view and going back or restarting MC usually fixes it. It is pretty rare though.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »

Again Thanks!

I'll keep trying very patiently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up