INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to enlarge the Playlists window?  (Read 1194 times)

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe
Is there any way to enlarge the Playlists window?
« on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:49 am »

Anyone know how I can make the Playlists window taller? Here, it is stuck at about one third the height of the media tree window: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4593/regionmi.png .

I have hundreds of playlists and would like to see more at a time, so I can find those that are checked. Ideally I'd like to undock the window so I could put it on a second monitor (EDIT: JR says No ). Else just being able to increase the height would be good.

Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Is there any way to enlarge the Playlists window?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »

The Playlist Action Window is handy for drag-dropping items into a list, but for editing, I guess I don't know why you're doing it that way.

To edit an existing playlist (order and whatnot) it is much easier to do it here:

Click to embiggen.

You can do all playlist management here, and you can have the full size of the MC window to do it in.  You can drag-drop files around, sort and re-order, shuffle, and all sorts of other handy things from there.

To add items to the end of an existing playlist, it is easiest to find the files in your Library and Right Click > Send To > Playlist > Choose your Playlist here.
Once you do this once, MC will remember the last-used command, so it'll be right there on top of your right-click menu.  If MC isn't remembering enough commands (I think only one by default) you can increase it here: Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click recent command count.

Sometimes I just dump my stuff into the playlist via the Drag-Drop Action Window thing, but I just use it as a "dumb target" and then rearrange them by opening the playlist itself.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

chrisjj

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »

but for editing, I guess I don't know why you're doing it that way.

I'm not editing. I'm viewing the inclusion checkmark of the playlists for the current tracks. I don't know anyone other way to do this in MC - if you do, please say.

You can do all playlist management here

That shows only one playlist at a time. I have hundreds. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

To add items to the end of an existing playlist, it is easiest to find the files in your Library and Right Click > Send To > Playlist > Choose your Playlist here.

Depends. To add a track to a hundred playlists in a group, it is far easier to make one click in the playlists window.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:35 pm »

I misunderstood what you were talking about.

You're within the Tag Action Window, looking at the Playlists field (I should have looked at your screenshot better -- the skin threw me off).

Sure, there's a way:

chrisjj

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:05 pm »

Sure, there's a way:

Thanks. That makes the playlist much larger.... but covering the media tree, preventing me browsing my tracks.

Devs, could you make the window resizable like normal windows?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »

I'll say this much...

I'd certainly like a pop-out Tag Window.  I'm thinking, a mode-less window that you could position independently and resize (such-as, onto a secondary display) just like a Detached Display.  If it had a detach button on the toolbar just next to that maximize button, and then (just like the Display AW) the AW area would show "click here to re-attach".  That would be sweet!

But...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Adding tracks on-mass to a variety of different set-lists (then you open the individual lists and organize them as you'd like for playback at the individual events)?  That task might be better suited to some panes, or some other method.  The Playlists Field, which you're tagging in the Action Window, can be used just like any other field, and you can make it a pane in a View (and tag right from within the view where you pick your files).  It might not help, but you can resize the height of the panes, of course.

If we can understand your work-flow a bit better, we might be able to help come up with some kind of solution.
At least, until we get a pop-out Tag Window.

chrisjj

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 07:49:36 pm »

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Specifically here, I want to see which other playlists contain one or more of the tracks selected in the playlist I have in the file list, and jump to any one.

It is great that the Tag AW shows me including playlists immediately I select... but not great it shows only four even when enlarged. http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4154/5qj.png .

Tooltip will show more, but on mouseover only - not keyboard. And no jump.

Playlists AW will show more, but only interspersed with all the other playlists, which being hundreds, is barely practical.
Pages: [1]   Go Up