INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported TV shows have "strange" information  (Read 4582 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
Imported TV shows have "strange" information
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:57:43 am »

Hi,

I am quite new with JRiver, but after a week of struggling with setting up the system to work for my content (see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81715.0) I am now very happy with the way things are looking!  :)

My remaining issue is that when I import my TV Shows, or when I run the Library Tools to get the right name I want for my files, a lot of extra information is somehow stuck to my files and displayed in Theatre View. I am able to manually remove incorrect artwork, but there are strange dates added to the names, see attached screen grab.  Strange information is also shown in Standard View, see the other screen grab.

Can anyone tell me (1) where this information is stored, (2) how I can delete it (or at least not display it), and (3) how I can avoid having this information added to my files in the future? So far, having experimented only with 6 single season TV shows, all information found has been incorrect! The artwork for the series is correct (and looks wonderful), but all info from the discs that I have not provided myself has been incorrect.

My system now works as it is supposed to, and for the most part looks absolutely fantastic (no thanks to my efforts), but there is that annoying element of having useless, incorrect and totally irrelevant information displayed in big letters all over the screen. There is no reason i can see that Disc 2 of the 2011 TV Show Pan Am should have the text 1 jan 1964 attached to it?

Christopher

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Where does all the "strange" information come from?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:19:44 am »

When you import, Auto-Import fills some information from filenames.

Then, Auto-Import will optionally download additional information from TheMovieDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.

You can also get this same data manually by running the 'Get Movie & TV Info...' tool.

The images in Theater View are downloaded (and cached) at display time.  This can be configured a little in Options > Theater View > Theme > Online media slideshow.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:00:37 am »

Thanks!

Any way to turn off Auto Import? If so, when I run the Get Movie Info, will it ask me before adding info?

What about the incorrect info I already have, where is it stored, and can I delete it, or do I have to clear the library to get rid of the info?

Chris

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »

The images in Theater View are downloaded (and cached) at display time.  This can be configured a little in Options > Theater View > Theme > Online media slideshow.

I would like to manually add a picture file as background for a show which JRiver did not find on its own. How do I do that? (I managed to insert Covert Art myself, but the backgroun I haven't found out where is stored yet).

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52:28 pm »

Tools/Import/Configure....

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »

Tools/Import/Configure....

Should I add a folder in which I have placed this image file? if so, should I name the file the same as the Series for it to be recognized?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »

Jim was answering your first question (enable / disable metadata lookup).

Sorry, but there's no way to use user provided backdrops in Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

OK, let me see if I understand:

1. I cannot add image files manually to any library or file used by JRiver for TV Show series background?
2. I can switch of the Get movie & TV info to avoid incorrect text info for my imports?
3. Will switching off Get movie & TV info block the importing of any Series background used in Theatre View? (I love those!!)
4. Is there anyway I can get rid of unwanted info on files already imported?
5. If I cannot get rid of unwanted info, will deleting and reimporting the files without Get movie & TV info work?
6. If 4 and/or 5 above don't work, do I need to Clear my library and import everything again?

Best
Chris

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »

I think we worked through most of Chris' issues / questions here.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »

Thank you.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 02:02:04 am »

I think we worked through most of Chris' issues / questions here.

We certainly did, thank you very much MrC! I still have a lot of experimentation to do, but now I have some tools to use :-)

The one thing I am still wondering about: Given my apparently uniqe structuring of my collection (hard to believe no one else has a disc based collection though...), it seems that all metadata downloaded are incorrect, and I would therefore like to avoid importing it, so I have switched off the Get movie & TV info function. However, I would VERY MUCH still like for MC to download the background artwork for the series used in Theatre View as this is absolutely a huge value add to me. Since I cannot add this art manually I need to have it imported along with my files, yes? So is that the Get cover art or the Get movie & TV info, or some other option? (I assume the cover art is from the first, but uncertain where the background art comes from). I have managed to manually place covert art, series art and season art for my collection :-)

csimon

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 03:55:38 am »

I think this comes online from the TV/movie database that JRiver uses?  In other words, you have to use Get Movie & TV Info so that the series ID is populated in the tags. Have a look at your tags, there should be one called TVDB Series ID or something like that.  It's like the artist background that Theater view displays for music, it is obtained from the itnernet in real time from the Artist tag, similarly TV & Movie backgrounds are obtained in real time via the Series ID tag. If a backgorund is being displayed when the Series ID tag isn't populated, then I guess it's looking up the name from the Name tag.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 04:28:15 am »

I think this comes online from the TV/movie database that JRiver uses?  In other words, you have to use Get Movie & TV Info so that the series ID is populated in the tags.

Gotcha. This matches my experience that I do not get any background art when I leave the option to Get movie & TV info off. I just wanted a second opinion :)

csimon

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 04:53:12 am »

You could try an experiment - leave Get Movie & TV Info off, go into tvdb.info (I think that's the URL?) and find your series and its ID, then enter it manually into the tag. That should stop it getting metadata automatically but also allow it to retrieve background images in real time in Theater View.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 05:45:21 am »

You could try an experiment - leave Get Movie & TV Info off, go into tvdb.info (I think that's the URL?) and find your series and its ID, then enter it manually into the tag. That should stop it getting metadata automatically but also allow it to retrieve background images in real time in Theater View.

I will try that once I am a little more confident of my abilities to handle tags without messing everything up....

Meanwhile, I imported 4 seasons of Madmen with Get movie & TV info off,  leaving me with no background art for the entire series. I tried moving the files out of the TV Show folder (not deleting), then ran import so the broken files were fixed and the series no longer shown, then activated the Get Movie & TV Info off, moved the series back into the import folder and imported. The series now comes up again, but still without any background art. Other series imported subsequently are shown with background art, so the function works. I assume that a popular series such as MadMen will have background art, so I am guessing the reason I am not getting any background art is that originally importing the series with the Get Movie & TV Info off has somehow "stuck". If I delete the series from MC18, then reimport, would that help or do even more harm? Of if I cleared the Library? That is a bit drastic, but I really want my background art.....

Chris

csimon

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 05:53:54 am »

I don't know. Try it!

Have you had a look for Series ID and is it populated?

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 06:00:42 am »

Series ID, is that a tag? Couldn't find the tag even with the TAW set to Show All Tags.

csimon

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:34 am »

I don't know the exact name - read my post above that starts "I think this comes online...".

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:03 am »

Neither deleting the series nor clearing library helped, MadMen will not show any art :-(

MrC

Re: Imported TV shows have "strange" information
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 11:38:58 am »

Mad Men vs. MadMen ?

csimon

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19:00 pm »

Series ID, is that a tag? Couldn't find the tag even with the TAW set to Show All Tags.

The tag is called "TheTVDB Series ID"

If there is nothing populated in that, because you've not used Get Movie & TV Info, you can fill it in manually by looking it up in the TVDB. Then right-click and Get Move & TV Info and it should present a search dialog and, provided the search string is correct for the file (which you can change) it will find a series cover art and metadata info.  You can deselect the metadata and just store the image, and you should find that the series image is stored in your cover art folder in a folder called Series.

I have not set up Season cover art and I just get a frame grab to represent each season. I imagine Season cover art should work in the same way if you put it in the correct folder with the correct name as described elsewhere.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

Mad Men vs. MadMen ?

Good question! All my folders and discs are called MadMen (created by AnyDVD), but I see from imdb that the show is called Mad Men, so maybe if i rename the series, then do a new import, I will get show artwork? I will try....

MrC

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »

You don't need to do a new import.  Just use Get Movie & TV Info... and deselect the Get information checkbox.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 03:55:04 am »

How do I delete a bookmark? I found a bookmark for one of my discs in TAW, and I believe this tag is what causes the Disc to be shown with a check mark in Theater View. In Standard View I can find the tag, and highlight it with F2, but I pressing delete doesn't work...

Chris

MrC

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 04:07:00 am »

Select the blank entry instead of delete.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 04:16:59 am »

Select the blank entry instead of delete.

Where do I do that? I have tried righclicking, but no options other than different tag views appear, nothing on tag content as far as I can see.

MrC

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 04:25:35 am »

F2 then Arrow key down.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:46 am »

F2 then Arrow key down.

Aha, that worked  :)  Thanks!

But, apparently it was not the cause of the check mark, see attached. It is still there. I even closed and restarted MC. What can be the cause of the check?   ?

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 08:09:20 am »

What can be the cause of the check symbol?   ?  ANYONE?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 08:42:06 am »

See this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75433.0
Look at my reply #35 near the end.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 09:50:41 am »

Thanks, that did the trick. It now simply reads [Name], which is all I need :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up