INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view not showing album cover art  (Read 1165 times)

davef

Theater view not showing album cover art
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:17:09 am »

Hi
Just started using JRiver and there's a lot to like. Mainly I'm using it in my living room to browse music files and choose what to play.
So i use Theater View mostly.
However I have hit a problem that looks a lot like a bug to me (having spent many hours tweaking settings and running options via smart lists etc).
Basically if I use JRiver in non theater mode all the artists and albums have cover art that shows (although I notice that if I use the slider to make the covers different sizes quite a few of them disappear - esp if I make the cover icons small eg. 20+ on a page). But the main thing is that I can set it up so that all Artists and all Albums clearly display cover art.
However, when I go into theater view almost none of the artists show cover art and even fewer albums show cover art.
In my mind it must be a bug - because when you view outside of theater view they are all there. When you go into theater view theyare not. So it's not a settings problem as there aren't separte settings for cover art for theater view.
Can anyone help?
I like lots of bits of this product - but having these issues with cover art is really frustrating.
BTW I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
Many thanks
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater view not showing album cover art
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:16 am »

Welcome to the forum.  There are at least two sizes of thumbnails that MC uses.  It's possible that not all your thumbnails have been built yet.  It happens a gradually.  You can force MC to do them all in Tools/Options/Tree & View/Thumbnails.

davef

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24:29 am »

Done this and it has made no difference whatsoever.
More symptoms...
if I use the theater view that shows a panorama of cover art that I can sweep through left and right (like an itunes view) then this is what happens: many of the boxes that should show album (or artist art) are empty. However if I sweep to a box that is empty and make it the main photo (i.e. the one in the middle of the screen) then the album art (or artist art) appears after a couple of seconds.
So this again verifies that the art is there... but it is not loading it.
Having to go to each album (or artist) and wait two seconds to see the art is not a solution as the point of this view is to be able to get a view of many visually.
I'd really like to sort this out.
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:34:20 am »

Are you using 18.0.206?  It's on the Download Page.

davef

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »

I'm on that version already.
However I have found the problem and fixed it. I read one of the other posts on here mentioning cover art and jerkiness in theater view. They had turned off windows aero theme. I had also turned this off and gone to windows classic theme. When I turned back to a windows aero theme the theater view now looks perfect.
So it appears that you MUST run in windows aero - otherwise you'll experience problems in Theater view.
It does looks nice with proper graphics!
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up