INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Issue  (Read 1623 times)

USCMitch

Netflix Issue
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:35:18 pm »

Greetings all-

Discovered J River Media Center a couple of weeks ago and have loved it as it's the only program I've found that does everything I'm looking for (Netflix, Hulu, disc playback, and pull all of my media from my server.) Great product!

However, about 3 days ago, I began having an issue with Netflix. I don't think it is a J River problem, because it occurs in J River, an IE browser, basically any method.  However, I am hoping that the collected knowledge here can help me solve it. (Netflix customer support was beyond useless.)

The issue is this:

If I open Netflix via J River, the Instant Queue will slowly load. Once I select on a title, and select "Play", it goes to a white screen with no audio or video. The timer is counting up as if the file is playing but nothing is actually visible.

If I attempt to use a browser window (IE10), I will get a "Page can't be displayed" error. If I refresh each time this happens, I will eventually get the show/movie to play.

If I use the Windows 8 app, it stalls at the loading screen.

All this leads me to believe its some sort of issue related to the browser configs, but I can figure out what it could be.  Relevant supporting information below:

HTPC:
Windows 8
J River Media Center 18.0.201
IE 10
LAN via Ethernet of Powerline

Actions taken so far:
Uninstalled/reinstalled Silverlight
Uninstalled/reinstalled IE
Uninstalled/reinstalled J River Media Center
Flushed DNS cache.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Netflix Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:37:40 am »

I was having similar problems a couple of days ago (Win7 with IE10) - I found something on the Internet indicating Netflix was having issues on their end. It is working properly (for me) today. Has it cleared up for you?

BTW - Do you get any "Recommendations" in that screen. Mine is always blank. If Netflix is no longer using this "field", JRiver should remove it. If it works for you, something is broken on my setup.
Ever since Netflix stopped using the Categories (Action, Classics, etc..) the Recommended field has not worked. JRiver removed the Categories from displaying but not the Recommended listing.

USCMitch

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »

I was having similar problems a couple of days ago (Win7 with IE10) - I found something on the Internet indicating Netflix was having issues on their end. It is working properly (for me) today. Has it cleared up for you?

BTW - Do you get any "Recommendations" in that screen. Mine is always blank. If Netflix is no longer using this "field", JRiver should remove it. If it works for you, something is broken on my setup.
Ever since Netflix stopped using the Categories (Action, Classics, etc..) the Recommended field has not worked. JRiver removed the Categories from displaying but not the Recommended listing.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, my issues have not resolved themselves as of yet.  The two most frustrating parts of this is twofold:
1) The issue is only happening on this PC. My laptop, also running Windows 8, still plays Netflix fine.
2) The same issue happened previously when I was trying out Windows Media Center several weeks ago. Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks, then Netflix suddenly stopped working. I thought it was an issue with WMC, so I did a complete fresh install of the OS and decided to try J River. Now the same thing has happened.

Very frustrating.

USCMitch

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »

Update: I believe I have fixed the issue.

The fact that it happened previously combined with the timing out when trying to access Netflix via a browser kept leading me towards a network issue. I went into my router and removed the DHCP reservation for my HTPC and released and renewed my modem's IP address.  

This appears to have solved the problem has Netflix just loaded up flawlessly from within MC.

As to why this was causing issues, I haven't the foggiest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up