INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange behavior when I try to rip a CD  (Read 991 times)

guy007

• Recent member
Strange behavior when I try to rip a CD
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:09:41 am »

Whenever I try to rip a CD from either of my CD drives, strange things happen. At first MC seems to crash, goes into a "Not responding" mode and after about five minutes or so, returns to life  and finds the CD. After adjusting a number of fields (classical music takes a lot of adjustment) I click RIP, at which point all info disappears and I get a message, No CD present. However, the ripping does take place and the ripped files appear in my MC panes.

So,  I am ultimately able to rip a CD but it takes longer now and these strange and erroneous messages appear. I think (not sure) this behavior started after the last update. Can anyone tell me how to get back to plain old normal ripping? Thanks Guy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange behavior when I try to rip a CD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 08:18:10 am »

Possible antivirus problem.

Possible failing drive.

swiv3d

Re: Strange behavior when I try to rip a CD
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 01:38:57 pm »

I have just ripped 4 cds with no problems - so as JimH suggests it is likely that AV software is interfering - or your cd drives are failing. Of those two the former is the most likely.You should check that MC24 has permissions to access the internet in both your AV and firewall software, since ripping a disc automatically causes MC to go onto the web to download metadata and cover art.
Pages: [1]   Go Up