INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files in albums not viewable  (Read 825 times)

Henglander

• Recent member
Files in albums not viewable
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:02:08 pm »

If I select Audio->Genres->Classical in the left pane, I see the albums in the right pane. I cannot customize the view nor can I see what file contents of the albums is. What is the point of the right pane?

How can I set up the views so that I have the same navigation in the left pane but can view the files once I have selected a genre?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Files in albums not viewable
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:15:07 pm »

Change the List Style to Details from within the tab's pulldown.  You can use a hot key (Ctrl-U) to cycle through these styles.

These type of view (a categories view) is typically entered not through the tree, but by drilling down the categories shown on the right side.  Hover the mouse over a large thumbnail to see additional expansion options.

The tree was developed long ago, and is useful in some cases, but less so in others.  Find the work style that best suits your needs.

You might also experiment with various panes views.  The views provided are just samples of what most folks might like to start with.  Create your own.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Henglander

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:36 am »

I see. But not really useful either.

If I change the list style to details when I drilled down to the single album level i.e. Genres->Classical->Otto Klemperer->Mozart: Symphony No. 40 & 41 then when I click on Genres->Classical I get a mile long detail list, but what I want is the album thumbnails.

Anyway how do I setup MC so that I when I am at album level in the left pane I get to set the contents of the album in the right pane and when at a higher level in the left pane I get to see just the contents of that level?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »

It might be worth learning about MC's views:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

You'll find the view types and styles are useful under different situations.  Build them to suit your needs.  If you like a tree, you can build a tree in a pane column and use it with a lot more flexibility than the main tree.

The file list won't change styles automatically by browse levels in the tree.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up