INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date Imported  (Read 1230 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Date Imported
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:17:28 am »

Is there anyway to use the date/time stamp of the physical folder as the imported date, rather than the date it was actually imported?

I had to change Hard Disk over the weekend which meant a clean import, which has put everything as yesterdays date!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Date Imported
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:14 am »

Are the media file Created or Modified dates insufficient?

If you must have the folder date, that will require external scripting.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:35:18 am »

there is a way to do this Idoodle, MRC helped me once set up a view named date acquired but it was over a yr ago.
I recently had to redo all my libraries and now im stuck where you are again as well, now all my files are showing up as recently imported with no order in regards to the way they were added to disk.
Hopefully he'll see this post and maybe can get us both back on track.

I really wish JRiver had a view built in or a way to edit the Recently imported/date imported so that it would show files when added to library/disk originally.

right now my videos view shows recently imported from the last couple months, after that all the files remaining are just alphabetical.
and my music files are really a mess with album artist (auto) not working many of my albums are split up when looking at music recently import so lets say if i wanted to listen to a new album i bought, i cannot because that albums tracks are not in line.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:09 am »

and there he is =)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:00:27 am »

I really wish JRiver had a view built in or a way to edit the Recently imported/date imported so that it would show files when added to library/disk originally.

Date Imported is MC's timestamp of when the file was first imported into the Library.  The only timestamp information available at that time are the Window's File Creation and Modified times.

To retain "permanent" import timestamps, as we discussed on the other thread, you'll want to create and manage your own field, something like Date Acquired, and assign it when you acquire media.  Store this in the file tags.  Updating the value can be automated using Import rules - copy the current date  using Now() into the field, but only when the field is empty.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:33 pm »

To retain "permanent" import timestamps, as we discussed on the other thread, you'll want to create and manage your own field, something like Date Acquired, and assign it when you acquire media.  Store this in the file tags.  Updating the value can be automated using Import rules - copy the current date  using Now() into the field, but only when the field is empty.

Looked every where for "the other thread you are reffering to.... could you post the link, probably already answers the question I was going to ask -- thanks

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 01:49:13 pm »

i looked as well MrC (because i forgot what you had all done) and from the post I did find (i forgot) but you had actually team'd in to set it up for me, so i don't think there is a tutorial available for myself or others for settings up this feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up