INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.206 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 16891 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180206.dmg

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).

18.0.197 (6/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Options dialog could a crash if volume mode was set to disabled.
2. Fixed: Periodic freeze-ups in the DLNA servers (build 196 only).

18.0.196 (6/13/2013)

1. Fixed: SSDP server would die after a varying period of time.

18.0.195 (6/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Library server syncing was not working from a Windows client to a Mac server.
2. NEW: Added support for OGG input format.
3. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
4. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
5. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
6. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
9. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
10. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack.  
11. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information.  
12. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

18.0.194 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center could become unresponsive to mouse clicks following showing of a pop-up error dialog. Mostly a problem on OSX 10.8.
2. Changed: Fullscreen modes are not always-on-top (please report any focus or z-ordering issues).

18.0.193 (5/31/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio playback was not working correctly in build 192.

18.0.192 (5/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center would appear frozen in certain cases where a pop-up dialog was showing underneath the app and MC would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When overwriting a Car Radio preset, the preset will default to using the same name.

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.206 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

Mouse scroll wheel still not working.

The tab key doesn't work nor do the up and down arrow keys when fussing with tags in the 'Panes' or 'player' windows.

And there are other bits that are 'dead' as well, such as having the color of the player icon NOT change to green when it is playing.

The Network player functions (network DAC pops up fairly quickly), but the on screen display showing the progress of the track that is playing does not update nor change at all.  Even the volume control slider info is stuck.  The slider does function and change the volume, which is also reflected in the PWD DAC display.

As individual tracks are played, the list in the 'play now window' does change and reflect what is playing.

EDIT: Force Quitting is required to exit the program.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

davynkh

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »

Hi John

Same issue with Beta 206 track pad scrolling (two finger multi-gesture scrolling on album not working but this works in beta 197) and bluetooth keyboard audio control not working. Also quit button not working result to force quit to close app. Sound thinner then beta 197. Fall back to beta 197  :( my mac version 10.6.8.

Please advice for fixes.

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:21:20 am »

I still get playback hiss at some point on an album with high resolution files.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

Long ago during MC-Mac's infancy, I often reported where the entire MC window would disappear right before my very eyes.

It's back.

Same technique to bring the window back from limbo…

And if I remember correctly it was the first OSx 10.6.8 s/w sweep and clean up, that fixed it.

Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »

I wonder if it is related to auto-termination.  I didn't know this feature existed in Mac OS X, but have seen empty TextEdit windows disappear while in the background.  I found this thread, which probably describes why:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20120726192014497
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »

Cover Art (Get from internet) doesn't seem to be working in this version. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:26:04 pm »

The thing is the app doesn't quit.  I can bring the main window backup and continue using the app.

It's only the main window that disappears and can then return.

JJ

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 02:32:41 am »

The more I use 206 the flakyer it gets.

Freezes, not starting to play, screen not updating etc. etc.

JJ

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:24 am »

The more I use 206 the flakyer it gets.

Freezes, not starting to play, screen not updating etc. etc.

JJ
Are the problems reproducible in any way?  Does the behavior change after restarting the program?  If it happens only after running for a while, it sounds like there's a memory leak or some other resource leak.

derf

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:28 pm »

Don't know if it's network dependant ? , SSDP refuses to start at least since version .197
Tried on two different macs , always the same "Status : Not running (failed to start or other error)"

Fred

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 02:19:09 pm »

Don't know if it's network dependant ? , SSDP refuses to start at least since version .197
Tried on two different macs , always the same "Status : Not running (failed to start or other error)"

Fred
Which OSX version, 10.6.8?

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 02:25:53 pm »

Are the problems reproducible in any way?  Does the behavior change after restarting the program?  If it happens only after running for a while, it sounds like there's a memory leak or some other resource leak.
Not in a consistent way.

The last few times I ran the program I waited 10 minutes for the network DAC to become available.  So I restarted and then the DAC popped up in 1-2 minutes.  But even then it wouldn't play so I restarted again and it played.  For a while.  

Then it just stopped playing in the middle of a track, so I restarted again and it played 'normally'.
These sorts of behaviors have been getting worse the more I use the program.

But this behavior is consistent…  at least the last few times I've run the program.
The 'status display info' (track name and timing info etc at the top of the window) does display the track name but no progress info changes.  And the 'playing now' list of tracks in the play window, wouldn't update the track that was playing, unless I moved my cursor over the list and then it would update to the currently playing track.

These quirks seem to degrade (as in involve more 'levels' odd behavior) the more the program is used.

And these particular problems weren't an issue with v.197 but surfaced with v.202 & 206

JJ

derf

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »

Which OSX version, 10.6.8?
10.7.5 on one , 10.8.4 on the other.
(I agree to send logs if it's helpful)

Irip

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »

Having the same issues on this build with PWD DAC as outlined by johnjen.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:02 am »

Ya know…
I wonder what cumulative complications happen with continual forced shutdowns.  Does the program actually get a chance to 'put itself away' properly before it ceases to run?

Just a thought…

JJ

derf

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:05 am »

Fred

After testing, it just works on first launch (have to restart the mac after quitting jriver once)

Fred

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:00 am »

Hi,

I still have the problems I described in a previous version with special characters not being recognized. Signs like "ä", "é", "ü", etc. appear as "a     ", "e     ", "u     " in albums names (but maybe also in songs names, etc. I didn't check)

Also, sometimes but very rarely, sign ";" when existing in the folder's name where files are located prevents JRiver from importing files normally. For instance, with this folder name : "Schubert - String Quartet No. 15 ; String Trios D 471 & D 581 / Prazak Quartet", I got this message when trying to import : "Please enter a valid folder to import" (see screenshot attached). I had to change ";" with "," and it worked just fine, then.

[Edit by JimH -- Please use another thread for asking a question.  This thread is devoted to bugs.]

fritsveer

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:50 am »

Hi JRiver

I have a reproducible crash every time i try to stop playing an album.
I stop the music by my remote control of the NAIM superuniti.
(i need to do it like this since i want to change input of my superuniti)

I do sent a report every time, but i am not sure it is sent to you (The report is sent to Apple according to the report screen).
Do you want me to send a crash report? And how do I to proceed if needed?

Regards
Frits
Pages: [1]   Go Up