INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with MC18  (Read 1108 times)

ttwong

• Recent member
Help with MC18
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:24:04 pm »

I am at a total loss.  I've been getting choppy video performance since upgrading from the Aprilish release.  At first I suspected my NAS, then my LAN performance.  Tweeks have improved read speeds back to the 23 mb/s range.  I've reinstalled the software, including total uninstall and reinstall with no improvement.  I then tested playing a mkv file on the local hard drive and to my surprise the same thing!

I have not tried a m2ts file yet locally.

From the NAS, videos start fine, but after about 30 sec the choppiness starts again with read speeds in the 4-5 mb/s range, not fast enough for HD movies.

Any ideas, as my next move would be to rebuild my computer, but obviously don't want to do that.

Terrance

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help with MC18
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »

Please try Red October Standard from Options > Video.

Also, try toggling hardware acceleration from the same options screen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with MC18
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:06:43 am »

I've been dealing with this for some time. I just replaced my video card, and I think it's how MC reacts to my Synology NAS which is about 60mb/s r/w. When I use VLC, I don't get the choppiness. I now also have a strange issue with the title bar on Display View, as it fades it away it turns green/black and breaks up a bit. I've seen this across many codecs, and will post a screenshot of the overlay bar and the choppiness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up