INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.234 Beta Available...  (Read 8138 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.234 Beta Available...
« on: March 22, 2002, 01:48:54 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.234 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

Please do not report EQ or DSP problems, these features will be redesigned in next couple of builds.

Replay gain is still not wokring in this build.

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure in your abilities to deal with bugs.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: CD burner control was not always registering a switch between generic and Goldenhawk libraries.
2. Fixed: CD burner control does a better job of coordinating multiple cdr drive letters and ASPI info.
3. Fixed: CD labeler was printing small scale images from the wizard mode.
4. Fixed: Import Files window would show empty line on in the list of types.
5. Fixed: File association would not work correctly in some cases.
6. NEW: Installing new input plug-in will add its file types to the supported file list.
7. Changed: Module plug-in file types removed from default list of supported file types ( install Module plug-in to see extensions)
8. Fixed: Some menu items in Metamorphis did not work.
9. Fixed: Media Jukebox would crash while switching from mini-me to MEGA-ME
10. Fixed: Text property for Metamorphis items would not work right away if keywords where used as a text.
11. Fixed: EQ sliders would not work on winamp skins.
12. NEW: CD labeler has "wizard" option on file menu.
13. NEW: CD labeler allows user to modify track listing and specify whether artist name is included for each track in the list.
14. NEW: CD labeler has several "themes" that can be chosen to enhance the look of the labels. Users can add themes.
15. Fixed: Media Jukebox would crash while dragging & dropping files on player window.
16. Fixed: MJ Player control would crash with divide error.

RedJ

RE:MJ 8.0.234 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2002, 02:08:51 pm »

Streaming audio in MJ is back for me this build.  Although, I completely uninstalled MJ before installing this update, so that was more than likely what fixed it.

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 02:19:10 pm »

>>>16. Fixed: MJ Player control would crash with divide error.

Yep, Music01 client works great now, thanks!

MWGilbert

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 03:01:21 pm »

Thanks. The SCSI CD-R detect is now working again in 8.0.234.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2002, 04:57:37 pm »

Bugs:
1. The DSP configuration window pops up whenever you start playback from a stopped state (MEGA-ME or mini-me mode...doesn't matter).  See example below (w/newest LowerRight skin shown):

and a preview of another view   (coming soon)

2. The Plug-In manager does not support the "Custom" Quality for the MP3 Encoder plug-in...like the Options > Encoder dialog does (for MP3 Encoder). This can be quite confusing if you use the Plug-In manager to setup you MP3 Encoder and don't see an "Custom". I guess if you look at these two places for configuring the MP3 Encoder, you'll see that Quality has a different meaning on each screen...that's confusing in its self.

3. With the Playlist displayed in mini-me mode, pressing Delete and Shift|PLS|Delete does not function correctly.  Delete removed the current playing track (not the selected track(s)) and does not update the Playlist display.  Shift|PLS|Delete presents the delete confirmation dialog, but seems to freak out MJ as I got continually JScript message popup boxes and had to kill MJ via the Task Manager.

4. What happened to the Disable Visualizations option?  Are we to assume this is automatically done if we completely hide the visualization window?

Metamorphis Requests:
1. Ability to dynamically change the Align setting for InfoDisplay items.  So the skinner can, for example, add dynamic options to turn scrolling on and off and let the user decide what they want/like (w/o having to change the skin source code).

2. A Metamorphis function call to turn off and on tooltips (for the whole mini-me skin)...currently I can do this in a skin, but it requires a call to GetSkinItem for each button, slider, etc. and setting the Tooltip property one-at-a-time...yuck.

3. New OnClick and OnDblClick item events for InfoDisplay, Window (bitmap image) and Picture (placeholder) entries. In addition to these events, full support for getting X/Y coordinates and Shift/Alt/Ctrl of the click event (eg. as procedure params and/or properties somewhere).

Download Manager Request:
1. Download Manager needs a Downloads menu and right-click menu option to 'Clear All Completed' items so you don't have to click each completed download first then click 'Clear'.  Sometimes if you are downloading hundreds of files, you want to cleanup the screen by only clearing those items that have completed or failed (and they are not necessarily in sequential order).

markctpr

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2002, 05:42:15 pm »

Definitely getting better but still two old bugs:

1. MJ crashes in weird ways after not being able to reach CDDB.  Once this happens I always need to restart MJ.

2.  Custom quality command line option for MP3 VBR still does not work.  Whatever option switches you try (like -b 160--which is a valid switch), MJ crashes when trying to rip a CD.

MJC

Mavrick

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2002, 07:16:27 pm »

>11. Fixed: EQ sliders would not work on winamp skins.

Thank You!

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2002, 09:00:51 pm »

Ripping:

In the CD Copy window there is a listing of the tracks to be ripped.
It is possible to uncheck the tracks that hasnt been ripped yet, but
MJ rips them anyway, even when they are unchecked.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2002, 10:48:27 pm »

Credit must be given when good things are done. My hat is off to you MJ Development Team. I am so glad that I have a program now that will at least play without having to C-A-D and re-boot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GOOD WORK AND PATIENCE.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.234

CPU: Intel Pentium II 349 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 96 MB
Resource Info: System - 66 %, GDI - 88 %, User - 66 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2002, 10:54:57 pm »

Looking good. Haven't had a chance to see how the client program now handles Music01 streaming, but am optimistic.

Apparently, still having MJ Player crashes at some point in extended playlists. Can't provide specifics at the moment, becaause when I wandered back to the computer in the middle of the night, MJ (which had been playing when I went to sleep)was down and for some reason the detail on the error message won't paste from the clipboard.

HTH

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2002, 02:11:24 am »

When ripping and encoding to mpc with rip and encode simultanously checked, and using the built in mpc encoder,
the ripping gets stuck after a short while, MJ locks up.

It does work when the rip and encode simultanously is unchecked.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2002, 05:02:41 am »

Follow-up on MJ Player crash.

Here are the error message details. Program aborted about 45 min. into extended (12 hour) playlist. Cannot identify it to any particular files. Download Manager was open at the time, but d/ls had been completed quite a while before:

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MJPLAYER.DLL at 015f:01c62f65.
Registers:
EAX=00000001 CS=015f EIP=01c62f65 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=039b0b4c SS=0167 ESP=0086eedc EBP=0086ef04
ECX=00000000 DS=0167 ESI=039b0030 FS=46df
EDX=01c996e8 ES=0167 EDI=039b0a70 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 01 6a 02 ff 50 10 8b 3d d0 92 c9 01 ff d7 8b
Stack dump:
00000000 00000000 039b0a70 039b0030 039b0b4c 039b0030 0086eee4 0086ef58 01c972c3 00000001 0086ef64 01c62f08 05bbcbf7 01c74bac 00000001 0086f180

This was then followed by a 2d error message referring to kernel32.dll.

System info:

CPU: Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 163 MB, Free - 66 MB
Resource Info: System - 57 %, GDI - 77 %, User - 57 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995

HTH

Easyrider

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2002, 05:24:14 am »

When using Track Info page "MusicEx, cover art is not linked to this page.
Also, when using the "Edit Properties link", it goes to a blank page, it does not open the properties.

All other Track Info pages work find with cover art.

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2002, 05:54:34 am »

When listening to LIVE streams, the time counter seems to get screwed up past 1 hour (or around that time). Mine is starting to count back down.

Before 1 hour: xx:xx/Live (-xx:xx) UP/Live (UP)
After 1 hour: -xx:xx/Live (xx:xx) DOWN/Live (DOWN)

My status scheme for this part is: ELAPSED_TIME / TOTAL_TIME (REMAINING_TIME)

Also notice the -xx:xx (remaining time), I think it should say Live or something else. It just look wierd cause it wont end until it stops.

yannl

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2002, 06:19:31 am »

It seems you prefer to see that kind of thread here, so:

If you try to "import from web" the cover arts and that you give a network path instead of a drive letter, it doesn't work.
Example:
g:\music\cover arts -> I can retrieve cover arts
\\server1\music\music\cover arts -> I cannot retrieve cover arts. It inserts an empty link to an image that doesn't exist.
BTW, would it be possible to add a function to retrieve cover arts from all albums at once, without asking properties for the whole media library ? Mine is more than 5000 WM8 songs and I don't think it would work this way without crashing.
Just another thing: Is there a way to speed up the file opening on a LAN ? It's maybe more a Windows XP question than a MJ one, but it worth trying... (opening a file from my laptop to my server is ~3 time slower under Windows than from Linux to Windows...). Or maybe it is because of my library size ? Beuh... Any idea ?

cjdshaw

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2002, 07:31:14 am »

If I am looking at some songs in (unassigned) without their artist or album defined and I drag the (unassigned) group into the correct artist/album group, the whole tree collapses. I then have to re-expand it and find the songs again. It would be nice if it would leave me looking at the group I dropped them into.

Alonso N

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2002, 09:35:46 am »

Hey Campers!  It's nice to be back with v8.  A big Thank You to John T for working out my BSOD problem.

CD Labeler: IMHO the labeler just needs a few things to bring it up to snuff:

-Ability to choose the elements in a track listing: Artist, Album, Track number, time, genre.

-Ability to choose the formatting of individual elements in a track listing: Font, bold/italic, justification, lead and trailing symbols like - or _ or ..... or ) etc.

-Slim case insert (it has a flap on the left edge to fold into the spine)

-Ability to rotate a box to any angle, not just 90, 180, etc.  At least add the 45's

-Add context menus IE r.click on an image should bring up image options, etc.

-Print registration marks. (long, narrow |PLS| removed from the edges of the elements to help cutting.

-The ability to change the layout of the elements (Front cover, back cover, etc) on the printed page.  This would allow the user to define custom layouts, and to match various label layouts.  For instance I like to print my elements near two edges of the page so I only need to make two cuts.

-The ability to make custom elements with new dimensions and printable areas.  EG I like to create a custom back element that is larger than normal to couple with a front element to make a cd envelope (Print on colored heavy stock, nice for gifts, samples, etc)

Problem: if drop target is Labeler, then selecting Tools/Labeler causes MJ to get very slow, consume many resources, and after a while start the labeler wizard hidden behind MJ.

Problem: Selecting Vis Studio results in immediate shut down of MJ.

Problem: How come MJ does not seem to remember search rules in Media Library?  It would make sense for MJ to remember rules, and allow the user to select from and edit previously written rules.  [No Rule] should also be a selectable rule.

Problem: No tool tips for the bar at the bottom of the track info window.

Request: As an alternate to (and nice than, IMO) grid lines: vary background color of alternate lines, like greenbar.

Request: More clinical/helpful/useful spectrum analyzer type visualizations with measurements on X and Y axis for MHz and Db.

System Info:

CPU: Intel Pentium III 548 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 261 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.00
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

zevele1

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2002, 11:00:35 am »

I cannot rip in mp3 format.After download the pluging and seing him to install,it looks as the encoder is here,in options,plugin manager
But mp3 or mp3vrb,at any format,rip$and encode on or of,MediaJukebox reacts as there is not mp3 encoder
wav and Windows format work fine,but i cannot convert
I had unistall/install the plug in many times.The same for the jukebox.Same problem

maleman

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2002, 03:23:50 pm »

Still cannot stream music - I get the following error message:

The exception Integer division by zero.
(0xc0000094) occured in the application at location 0x0327691c.

Mike

ZRocker

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2002, 03:31:49 pm »

Maleman,

Post the URL you are trying to stream here and I'll see if I can stream it or not.

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2002, 04:29:25 pm »

Is there any way to disable visualizations? When I right-click on the visualization area, it seems I can only switch between displaying Visualizations or Track Info, but there doesn't seem to be a way to disable one or both. I personally don't like displaying either. Also, I'd like to make the following suggestions again for the metamorphosis engine:

1. Mini-me skins should be able to display the left media tree pane, instead of just the playlist pane.

2. Instead of having to use standard fonts, include support for skinned fonts. This is where, with .bmps, you can map out a alphabet, and numbers that the player would use instead of a regular font. Quintessential, Coolplayer, and Winamp 3 already support this with their skinning engines and it's one of the coolest features I've ever seen.

3. When the mute function, I'd like a way to keep the mute button displaying the down .bmp while the player is muted.

4. With playlists in mini-me mode, there should be the ability to customize what info in displayed. The default seems to be Track # - Artist - Song Name - Song Length. This may be possible already, but I haven't been able to find out how. Personally I'd just like to display Track # - Song Name - Song Length.

5. With the skins I make, I like to have the play and pause buttons in exactly the same place (sort of layered on top of each other.) So when the the player is playing, the pause button is displayed, and when the player is stopped or paused, the play button is displayed. I know this is probably possible right now in MJ8 with a javascript code, but it would be nice if this effect/layout was easily built into MJ. I know the Windows Media Player provides a easy way to to this.

6. Make a easy button command for fast-forwarding and rewinding within a CD track or mp3.

7. When displaying the elapsed or remaining time, allow skin authors to specify how many digits are displayed at any one time. Right now from what I can see, MJ displays only as many digits as is needed (with most songs usually m:ss), but for instance in one of my skins I'd like to specify that the elapsed time be displayed like hh:mm:ss always even is the unused digits only display 0's when not being used.

Also, in the MJ8 Skinning SDK, could you please be more specific (preferably with examples) on how to implement displaying windows over other (parent) windows.

Rusty

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2002, 04:32:22 pm »

Well I'm having big trouble (as usual).  This version (just like the last) as soon as I try to open MJ gives me a complete dark grey blank full screen which then turns completely black.  I can usually get around it by using the Escape key, I usually get an enlarge mouse pointer as well & right clicking gives me an enlarged MJ part menu & I get in by clicking on a "Windowed" setting.

I have persisted with Version 8 ... I completely FDisked my computer & re-installed Windows 98SE & all the hassle that goes with it. I also added another 128 memory stick, all it seems to no avail as MJ is still using up all my resources & giving me the ####s so much that I decided to give up with Version 8 & tried to revert to Version 7.

I tried downloading Version 7, 2 times & both times it found a previous Version 7 .exe entry (which I didn't understand, since I had re-installed Windows etc) & upon download completion it said I had to re-start Windows to complete the download (which I thought was strange as I hadn't come across this before) & both times when I did re-start Windows a little update install screen came up but no further download completion happened & when I tried to open MJ all I got was a first screen & that's where it locked. So I uninstalled Version 7 & had to go back to Verion 8 where I am at the moment.

So here I unhappily sit with big MJ problems & I can't even revert back to Version 7 & get on with things ... I NEED HELP!

Regards Rusty - athertonbackpack@hotmail.com

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2002, 04:35:56 pm »

Oh, and I wanted to make one last suggestion. I think the search function and bar should be able to be used in mini-skins.

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2002, 05:13:53 pm »

Kerensky,

See this thread...you can already do some of the things you mention.  Changing images of buttons and setting button states is pretty easy in JScript, I think.  I agree that more control over other skining items would be nice...I even requested the ability to rotate text (InfoDisplays) at any angle from 0 to 360 degrees (that'd be cool too).

dragyn

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2002, 06:05:14 pm »

MJ crashes when an APL file finishes playing.

When going through the Settings/Options, when you get down to CD Writer, it asks if you want to install ASPI. This is fine but if you choose to do so, all the settings you changed prior to that is lost. I was doing a clean install on another computer and went down the list finding this out.

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2002, 08:04:34 pm »

When switching to Mini-Me mode, I receive the following error messages:

"Failed to load Metamorphis skin. Windows 'TextWindow', Item 'Placeholders', Attribute 'Type' invalid."
"Failed to create window 'TextWindow' in the skin."

Spectrum analysis visualizations do not look correct... too much high frequencies and mid-range seems to be weak/nonexistent. This was noticable after DSP/EQ was removed (and later readded).

Mike

Udo_1

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2002, 02:52:55 am »

Thanks for fixing this SCSI burner bug.

Udo

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2002, 05:08:07 am »

When I update file properties to have a genre of 80's it seems to go fine.  Some time later, though, the file genre's always revert to Folk.  I musta reset the genre to 80's 5 times.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2002, 06:14:29 am »

Some MP3s take 30-60 seconds each to open in file properties.  For instance, if I have 10 ok files and 2 of these special ones, the 10 will open in a flash, then MJ takes forever to open the last two.  I think it may be tag-related, as the special MP3s are sometimes (but not always) ones I ripped using other music software.  Once open, I can modify the tags , but saving the file properties also takes 30-60 seconds.  Tag&Rename doesn't have any problems reading or updating the same MP3s.

Anyone else seeing this?  It makes MJ unusable as a tag-editor for me, since there isn't any way for me to know which files MJ won't be able to open for property editing.

ZRocker

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2002, 06:15:34 am »

Bug:

1. When burning a data CD, I clicked on the Playing Now node and then back on the CD-RW drive letter under the Devices node and MJ crashed...see:

At this point, I had to reboot my PC because the CD-RW drive was left locked and unable to eject (so I could throw away the CD-R and start over).

dragyn

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2002, 08:01:36 am »

If I play a file and then goto Playing Now and the slider is all the way to the top, once I move it down a little bit, MJ chokes and dies. Once I restart it, MJ is fine. (Visualization/Not Again)

Download Manager:

It seems if you unassociated a file extension from the list, it still keeps the download path the same instead of the defaul download directory.

Would it be possible to have an option to prompt where the file goes when downloading. I store stuff in different directories depending on the type of file, not just the extension. Also would be nice to add the d/l in IE (right click) like where Download Express/DAP put theirs.

I also think it would be cool if it showed the fragment d/ls as well under the current item being downloaded...just like kazaa/morpheus/winmx. Maybe for a next MJ release.

RemyJ

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2002, 08:54:59 am »

8.0.234 Issues with burning and playing...

Scenario 1:  If you're burning the contents of Playing Now (decode MP3 direct to CD) and a track is currently playing, when the the burner reaches that track, it stops and finishes the CD.  The "write progress" bar is also scaled incorrectly.

Example:

Playing Now contains 10 tracks and track 5 is currently playing.
Send list to device/cd burner.
Start the burn.
"1 of 10", "2 of 10", etc is shown on the dialog, but the "write progress" bar is scaled as though only a total of 4 tracks were going to be burned.
When track 4 is complete, the burner stops and finished the CD.

Scenario 2: Same basic setup except that the player is stopped when burning starts and playback is started after the burn starts.  When the burner reaches the track currently playing, it aborts the burn and pops up a "CDWriter" message "Error: Unable to open file....".  The write progress bar is scaled correctly.  Once time, the CD writer was left locked and I had to reboot to get it back.

Scenario 3:  If "decode MP3 direct to CD" is OFF and ANY track is playing when the burn starts, even one not in the burn list, the burner either throws an access violation at the start of the first prepare, or it only prepares the first few seconds of each track, then creates a coaster with those truncated files.

Burning either with or without the "decode..." flag set and NO tracks playing has been working fine.

RemyJ

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1779 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3315.1000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3103.1000
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.4373
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.70

The CD Writer is a TDK CDRW241040B VeloCD

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2002, 01:36:55 pm »

When changing the rating of a song while playing that song, hitting save in file properties makes MJ crash.

Durgame

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2002, 06:34:38 pm »

Hi,

Just managed to rename some files from Properties.
These were MP3 files with V1.1 tags. This feature
seems to work, when it wants to.

The only was so far it worked, is when the files
were also moved to another directory.

It takes several attempts to rename the files and I
can never tell when it will/won't work.

It's a great feature - you'll have a hell of a
"total workshop" when all the features work.

Durgame

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2002, 11:03:32 pm »

I don't have Windows XP yet, but plan on upgrading later this year. Can anyone tell me, does MJ8 and it's skinning engine support cleartype font smoothing and alpha blending anti-aliasing for the window edges? If not, any plans to add support for them? I know Winamp 3 does.

Nemo

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2002, 01:09:10 am »

MJ still crash when changing tracks !
All the latest betas have this problem...
All my files are WMA and random , just after a song is
finished, MJ crash with classic DialogBox "Send Report" of
Windows XP.....

PLEASE, fix this, or MJ is unusable for me...

Thanks

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2002, 04:20:36 am »

Unable to RIP a CD into MP3 vbr. MP3 cbr works fine.

CPU: Intel Pentium II 348 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB
Resource Info: System - 69 %, GDI - 88 %, User - 69 %

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100

ZRocker

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2002, 04:51:50 am »

Bug (crash):

1. During standard playback while in mini-me mode, MJ crashed during the change to the next track.  The tracks that were playing have been played by MJ atleast 20 times a piece (nothing bad about them...I'm sure).  MJ had been Paused for about 10 hours, then I hit Play (still in mini-me mode) and playback resumed.  I think it was during the cross-fade to the next track after the resumed track that MJ crashed...see:

scub

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2002, 05:17:01 am »

Problems burning a Data CD.  It gets the last track burned to the disk and then pops up an error saying failed on close operation.  I opened Easy CD Creator and it prompts me to close session becasue there is currently an open session on disk.  I tell it to close it but when I try to import the session it doesn't show any sessions.  The disk is blank with no way to retrieve the files MJ created.  I have tried it with generic driver checked and unchecked but comes up with errors at end of burn on both.  I have been able to create data CDs with earlier builds of 8.  Using a Plextor 8x4x24 drive.

Windows 98SE

JohnT

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2002, 05:55:07 am »

scub-

Can you check if "auto-insert notification" is enabled for the drive and turn it off if it is?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2002, 08:08:30 am »

Xstatic:

I can't duplicate this behavior here. Any more information you can provide to reproduce the problem would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John T.

JohnT

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2002, 08:54:54 am »

Shotgun:
Unable to RIP a CD into MP3 vbr. MP3 cbr works fine.

Are you using a custom command line? If so, cut and paste it here. How does it fail (crash, freeze up, error message?). Does it fail right away or partially into the rip. I tried a few VBR rips here but haven't been able to duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
John T.

scub

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2002, 11:04:45 am »

JohnT
Just checked and auto-insert notification is turned off.

>>Can you check if "auto-insert notification" is enabled for the drive and turn it off if it is?

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2002, 11:47:15 am »

- WMA encoder reset to 128kbps on upgrade (from 64kbps)
- Mini-Me skins disappear off the bottom right of the screen if you reduce screen resolution
- Now, rather than having every Mini-Me window show up in the WinXP task manager, no entry for MJ8 shows up in the WinXP task manager in mini-me mode.

--dwex

CPU: Intel Pentium III 750 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

sekim

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2002, 12:06:32 pm »

M.I.A.- EQ

So the vis studio is hiding in Arsenolite. Full screen toggle doesn't automatically display whatever was selected in internal view. Or vice versa.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2002, 12:10:06 pm »

I can't customize my toolbar any more - customize is greyed out.  

How can I turn it back on?

sekim

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2002, 12:21:00 pm »

What's up with Arsenolite viz ars_eq. Does this thing have its own little midi program?

Also unable to select anything from the pop-up menu when right clicking during this visualization.

Easyrider

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2002, 12:27:00 pm »

When burning CD their is an option button that lets you create CD Labels.

This works great before you burn the cd, but after you burn the cd no track information or titles are selected are selected from the queued songs.  

Is the cd labeler designed to print labels before you burn or after you burn?  Or are is it a bug?

Also, the cd text edit button does not let you edit text it just lets you type in artist and cd name.  Maybe a different name for the button.  Such as: CD Title edit

CPU: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 94 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2002, 12:41:39 pm »

JohnT:
Xstatic:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't duplicate this behavior here. Any more information you can provide to reproduce the problem would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John T.

1) Insert audio cd
2) Click devices and verify that content of audio cd is in content view
3) Click "rip cd"
4) Leave all the tracks checked
5) Click "Copy" button in ripping window
6) Now uncheck some of the tracks while the ripper is ripping a track (for instance uncheck track 3 while ripper is ripping track 1)
7) MJ rips all the tracks including track 3 (example)

This is reproduced everytime I have tried it (4 times) with these settings: digital secure, MPC encoder at Xtreme setting, with rip and encode simultanously unchecked.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1799 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 309 MB
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Easyrider

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2002, 01:07:38 pm »

Sorry in advance if this is not a bug. Perhaps it is just me that is a bug!!!

When I right click on playlist, and try to send to CD Burner the CD Writing Mode window comes up, but when I click okay it does not go to  the queued songs to burn them, but it does add them to the queue.

If I use tool icon it goes to CD Writing Mode and if I clik okay it goes to the cd burner queued area.  Some might find this confusing, thinking that the songs are not queued when you use the right click.  If this is the way it suppose to work, how do you get to the queued songs to start burning them?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up