INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot fast forward avi or mkv files, but mp4 work fine?!?  (Read 4079 times)

coliea

• Recent member
Cannot fast forward avi or mkv files, but mp4 work fine?!?
« on: October 15, 2013, 05:49:34 pm »

I am running MC19 on my main PC configured as a Samsung BD DLNA server. I can stream all my music and video files to my networked Samsung TV but cannot fast forward avi or mkv videos. MP4 videos work fine. I have tried fast forwarding various avi and mkv video files using JRemote on my iPad, Gizmo on my Android phone and via the Samsung TV remote, but have had no luck. MP4 video files can be fast forwarded fine by simply dragging the progress sliders in both JRemote and Gizmo, no problem.

Is there a configuration setting I can change in the JRiver MC19 settings that will allow me to also fast forward avi and mkv files?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Col

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot fast forward avi or mkv files, but mp4 work fine?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »

A guess, the MP4 files aren't being converted and the others are and your renderer doesn't support time based seeking.
You could try turning video conversion off. If you are lucky, your renderer will play those other formats without conversion.

coliea

• Recent member
Re: Cannot fast forward avi or mkv files, but mp4 work fine?!?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:34:17 pm »

A guess, the MP4 files aren't being converted and the others are and your renderer doesn't support time based seeking.
You could try turning video conversion off. If you are lucky, your renderer will play those other formats without conversion.

Thanks for the reply Bob, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Col
Pages: [1]   Go Up