INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View enter key behavior  (Read 998 times)

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View enter key behavior
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:22:25 am »

I use theater view exclusively to watch videos. I navigate with a remote using the arrows and OK (enter) keys. Navigation works great however when I reach a video I want to watch and press OK (enter) it takes me to the details screen (which I don't want) and worse it defaults to Play All (which I really don't want).

Is there a way to change the behavior of the enter key so that when I am on a video and press, it simply plays (once not watch all)?

It's a little thing but it is incredibly annoying especially watch all. Is there another code I can associate to the OK button?
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Theater View enter key behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:47:43 am »

Just a selfish bump on this.

I have looked far and wide for a way around this, I can't find any view or mcc code to do a simple Play.

It would be AWESOME if in "Options > Theater View > Behavior > Enter key action" another option could be added to simply do a Play. Not go into details or Info or More and certainly not Play All. Just play the video I hit Enter on and when it's done do nothing more.

Wife's pissed at me, she fell asleep and an entire season of housewives played and marked as played. Please consider this request.

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:01 am »

+1 (on both issues)

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:46:12 pm »

I may be miss-interpreting your problem but when I press the ‘Play’ button on my remote (Harmony One) the video (typically a ripped BD) plays without fail. If I press ‘OK ‘ then the behaviour you see is what ensues.

That’s in ‘Grid’ view with the video highlighted.

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

You are correct, the Play button works just fine. The issue is that I (and wife) always simply use the arrow keys on the remote and to play something we just press the OK button in the center. The room is dark and we simply go by feel, never really need to press any other buttons.

The issue is that the OK button has to be the Enter button to navigate all the menus and such but in the end of the navigation when I click on the video I want to play, it does what I described and doesn't simply do a Play.

In fact I am thinking of trading in my Harmony for a little very basic remote with only a handful of keys. All I really need is a few buttons and the navigation keys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up