INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have no complaints about Media Jukebox v8.x.xxx  (Read 759 times)

LCtheDJ

I have no complaints about Media Jukebox v8.x.xxx
« on: March 21, 2002, 02:43:32 pm »

I've seen plenty of complaints.  I've found things myself about v8 that I don't like or that don't work.  I report them, but I'm not complaining.  I realize that v8 is in beta stage of developement and I do not depend on it for any particular task.  If I want dependability, I don't ask a beta version to do the job; and neither should anyone else.  

Using beta software is a gamble, and a good rule of thumb is to never gamble more than you can afford to lose.  If I don't want to take chances with my data, I use copies of my files for experimenting and testing, or I stay away from beta software.

As beta testers we should realize that there WILL BE problems along the way.  Reporting them with related details will help to make the release version a better program.  Whining and pointing fingers will not.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:I have no complaints about Media Jukebox v8.x.xxx
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 02:49:01 pm »

Well said. And I agree completely.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 02:51:18 pm »

I have no complaints either. I do have a few things that I think should be changed/redesigned but it still works great nonetheless and does the job.

The builds have been pretty good for the most part (XP). I don't do CD burning or anything like that. I just load em up and play. But there's other ppl that do these things on a daily basis and I could see why they would moan about it.

I for one will not go back to 7.x! 8.0 just has so many goodies to switch back. Many think the same and that's why there is probably a lot of complaints (I guess).

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 01:13:35 pm »

I have MJ8 version 2.15 and it is working so good I hate to try a newer version. Plays whole cds of mp3's, rips and burns,etc.
deerhunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up