INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording/Timeshifting Folder  (Read 1055 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Recording/Timeshifting Folder
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

I have setup a spare PC with two TV tuners (ATSC) and it is running JRiver MC18 24/7 and recording OTA TV.

I then have Media Server running on that "DVR" PC and actually watch the shows on Client PCs on my home network.

I noticed two things, both related to the Recording settings in Options on the Clients:

1 - Each client has its own setting of "Start recording before program begins" and "Start recording after program ends".  I have to set each of those on each client to my desired default.  It doesn't make sense to have separate "per PC" settings - there should either be one setting on the Server that is used for all recordings and subscriptions.

2 - Each client has its own setting of "Folder for recording and time-shifting files".  My guess is that this setting is actually not used at all when connected to a Library on a Media Server (they only apply if you have a tuner on the client).  But the "Start recording" settings apply both for scheduling recordings on the Server and for the client if it has a tuner.   This is inconsistent and a little confusing.

Glynor wrote a year ago:
"Go to Options -> Television.  Set the Folder for recording and time-shifting files to the proper \\Server\Recorded TV folder. "

in order to prevent the Client from trying to convert the codec of the file.

Am I correct to assume that this is the setting on the Server's MC18 ?

Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up