INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking up tag information in a database  (Read 2575 times)

Docfxit

• Recent member
Looking up tag information in a database
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:44 am »

I recently ripped quite a number of CD's.  The default extension in Media Center 18 for ripping is ape.  I ran Tools, Library Tools, Lookup Track Info from Online Database.  It found a few but not many. 

1.  It didn't rename the files like I expected.  How can I get it to rename the files?

2.  I tried using MusicBrains Picard.  It found a few more.  It does rename the files. 
      I'm not sure I'm running it correctly. 
           1. I select a folder.
           2. I select all files showing in the left pain.
           3. I select Scan in the tool bar.
           4. I select Lookup in the tool bar.
           5. If it found anything it's now in the right side.
           6. I select all files on the right side.
           7. I select Save on the tool bar.
           8. I close MusicBrainz Picard.
           9. I open MusicBrainz Picard.
           10. I start at #1 above.
  It says it's listening on port 8000.  Do I need to open port 8000 on my router?
3. I've tried Jaikoz Audio Tagger 5.4.0
    It doesn't recognize .ape files.  Should I have ripped the files in a different format?
4. I tried Mp3tag.  I'm not sure how to use it to lookup the tag information in a database.  I can get it to find some of them but it doesn't change the file name.

5. I tried SongKong.  I can't figure out if it supports .ape files.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can lookup tag information on individual songs?

Thanks,

Docfxit

cinjin

• Recent member
Re: Looking up tag information in a database
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 02:16:15 am »

Hey Docfixit,
I would opine that first convert all of your ape files to FLAC. There's no loss of quality and they much easier to tag and more compatible with the software you were using. I use all three to tag my library. 90% are lossless and all of those are FLAC. After run it through jaikoz and run Autocorrect songs. Go into the preferences and set up which tags you want fill and customize, It's pretty awesome software. I also run it through Musicbrainz and if it is mp3 then Mp3tag.Little OCD with the tags in my library. Remembah ta change rip settings ta FLAC. Good luck on the maddening world of TAGS.
cinjin
Pages: [1]   Go Up