INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you Select, Delete, and Edit Theater Mode Pictures?  (Read 1565 times)

noahwwinter

• Recent member
How do you Select, Delete, and Edit Theater Mode Pictures?
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »

Admitted Newbie question here, however I can not find the answers to these basic questions in the WIKI or by searching the forum.  It is likely my lack of understanding the terminology so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here is what is happening:  I start an album or song and switch to Theater Mode.  Playing say the "Yes" album.  Everything looks great, then 1/2 an image comes up on the screen and I wish I could find where these images are stored in the system to see if this image could be resized.  Then a picture of Jim Carey from his movie "Yes" comes up and I think, gee, wish I could delete that one as it has nothing to do with the "Yes" album.  Then I think about all the great images available on line and wish I could add more images and associate them with the artist so that whenever I play any of their albums or songs these images would show up.

So the three things I would like to understand:

How to modify these images that were automatically downloaded when I added the album to the Media Center?

How to delete images so they do not appear in theater mode when the album is playing?

How to add additional images to the artist so they play during the Theater view experience?

Thanks in advance for any advice on these challenges.

--Noah

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How do you Select, Delete, and Edit Theater Mode Pictures?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:00:49 pm »

Tools > Options > Theater View > Appearance > Theme: Default > Online media slideshow.

Those are the only choices currently.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

noahwwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »

Thanks, that explains why I can't find information on modifying, its not possible.  I found if I turn off the google ,TV and movie searches this seems to help at least with accurate art being downloaded for music.  I also set the media type to audio.  If I get really motivated I could minimize media center when it was playing and create a file for each artist populated with pictures and run a windows slide show.  It just seemed odd that this level of execution doesn't exist after 18 versions but maybe it will make it into the que one day.  I'm sure there are a lot of features that differentiate media center from other software, for me the most obvious was the theater mode.

oh, the user ought to be able to choose what visualizations they shuffle as well, removing the ones a viewer doesn't like instead of the shuffle all or choose only one option, but that is for another update.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining, love the software and what has been done so far, my interest in the software's visual aspects is likely in the minority and I can celebrate what has been accomplished to date.

Thanks for the response, I'll stop looking to make modifications and check back for software updates.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

More control over the background images has been requested by a few users.

An enterprising person could use something like Fiddler to modify MCs HTTP requests for images, and instead return local resources, perhaps from the various artwork directories.  I thought about doing this, but didn't care enough about artwork in Theater View to bother.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 01:11:21 am »

Have a read of this :---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80862.msg550665#msg550665

The instructions are to fix Pennywise albums displaying scary clowns in the background, but will work equally well with "Yes" too.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up