INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exporting playlist into csv-delimited text file  (Read 796 times)

sluizer

• World Citizen
exporting playlist into csv-delimited text file
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:29:30 am »

Hi,

1) Is there any way for me to choose the delimiter used when I export a playlist into a csv-delimited text file? Right now the character is a coma and I use commas in many fields, which makes the file hard to read as a text file. (It works fine if I import it into a spreadsheet, but I don't always want to do that.)

2) Is there any way for me to fix the default value for "included fields" to be "only visible fields"? Right now, I select that, but after I do the export, it is always reset to "all fields" which is most definitely not what I want as the default. (Once a selection of this was made in MC 15, the default remained what I had selected, which is exactly what I would like.)

Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: exporting playlist into csv-delimited text file
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:38:56 am »

1. Comma is the only separator.  You can use a converter if you need something else.  Spreadsheets do this.  Or you might create a file list view that shows you all the columns you care about.

2. This one bugs me sometimes, but not that often.  When I ask folks for exported CSV's, its nice to know I'll usually get all the fields by default.  Still, I'd agree with you that the setting should be preserved.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up