INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discs not in order  (Read 1847 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
Discs not in order
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:05:07 pm »

I just noticed that in Theatre View my discs in multi-disc season of TV Shows   are no longer shown in nummerical order. They used to be. Have no idea what has caused that to change. Does anyone?

Chris

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Discs not in order
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »

At the categories level, or file list level?  These are controlled in two different locations.  See:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81880.msg558284#msg558284
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:13:01 am »

I think what you call Categories level (in Theatre View, after I have selected Season). However, the issue just corrected itself, I really did nothing to it. For a few hours it must have been having a bad day, as I am 83.4 % certain I did nothing to cause it, and 112,7 % certain I did nothing to fix it (other than writing this e-mail).

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:39:40 pm »

At the categories level, or file list level?  These are controlled in two different locations.  See:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81880.msg558284#msg558284

Dear MrC,

I am afraid I don't understand your answer, or the answer in the link. Sorry!

In Theatre View, when I have selected the TV Show (i.e. the Series) I want to see, and the Season, I get a list of Discs, see the attached. The example is the Series 24, Season 1, which has 6 discs. It would be more intuitive if the discs were ordered 1 - 6, left to right, rather than at random. My series all used to be ordered numerically, now some Series are ordred and some aren't. I don't know why that is, I have been a good boy and not thrashed at all lately.... Where do I set the sorting for this level?

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »

Never mind, finally figured it out myself.  :D

I'll be happy to explain in detail if someone else has the same problem, but will not bother otherwise 8)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:57:41 pm »

I am afraid I don't understand your answer, or the answer in the link. Sorry!

FYI:

The question was asking about how deep you are in the view.  This is an important distinction, because MC treats these levels differently.  Keep an inverted tree in mind.  As you use a Categories view or Theater View, you drill down to deeper categories and eventually to the file list.  Categories are just a collection of like-things (e.g. all possible Artists, grouped, followed by all possible Albums for that Artist, etc.)

Category 1
         \
           \
           Category 2
               \
                \
               Category 3
                   \
                     \
                    File List (of files that match category 1:category 2:category 3

The sorting for Categories is configured in one area, but the File List sorting is configured in another.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »

FYI:

The question was asking about how deep you are in the view.  This is an important distinction, because MC treats these levels differently.  Keep an inverted tree in mind.  As you use a Categories view or Theater View, you drill down to deeper categories and eventually to the file list.  Categories are just a collection of like-things (e.g. all possible Artists, grouped, followed by all possible Albums for that Artist, etc.)

Category 1
         \
           \
           Category 2
               \
                \
               Category 3
                   \
                     \
                    File List (of files that match category 1:category 2:category 3

The sorting for Categories is configured in one area, but the File List sorting is configured in another.

That's what I kind of figured, so my thinking was:

VIDEO           MAIN CATEGORY
TV SHOW       CATEGORY X
SERIES          CATEGORY Y
SEASON         CATEGORY Z
DISC             FILE LEVEL

Is this about right? Anyway, my issue was at the file level, since it was the discs that didn't sort properly, so I followed the dvice you gave in your link, and with some experimenting I made it work. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up