INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XMLTV EPG Download Time Setting  (Read 5275 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
XMLTV EPG Download Time Setting
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:56:08 pm »

I've searched the forum but can't find a reference to this question.

What are the chances of modifying MC to include a user specified time by which the XMLTV upload process sucks in the EPG file?

For those who want their systems "just so", I've got an EPG scan over the air set up to run in the wee hours of the morning as per:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67992.msg558511#msg558511
but unfortunately the XMLTV sucker can be horribly out of sync depending on what's happening with the PC.

The timing of the process is set by the last time the user initiates the activity. There must be an easier way than staying up late one night. Is it possible to manually edit a .ini or config file somewhere to achieve the same end as a work around? If so, please point me at it...   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: XMLTV EPG Download Time Setting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »

Had a thought that MCC might be the answer:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_windows_messages

Good try but no cigar ..  ?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

EPG is loaded if the last time such loading occurred 1 day or more ago, AND there is no recording action at the moment.

There is no user configurable time to set.

To get MC to perform the background loading at a time when you are sleeping, you can try the following:

1.  Do a manual loading just before you go to bed today.
2.  Schedule a couple of recordings for tomorrow, so it covers the time frame from the time you go to bed to the time you want loading to start.  This will force MC to delay loading EPG until recording is finished.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:44 am »

I'll give it a go Yaobing but that's one heck of a convoluted work around.

Have a think about workshopping an improvement plan with the guys and gals at the next development meeting with the crew. Working up some kind of deal where you give the user some more direct control than your offering, that would be fab.

It would be ideal if I could add an MCC executable command in a batch script. Expanding MCC to include a function that mirrors the user interface process to load the XMLTV EPG would be a great option. Please give it some thought..   ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:14 am »

I'll give it a go Yaobing but that's one heck of a convoluted work around.

I know.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 07:53:22 am »

It would be ideal if I could add an MCC executable command in a batch script. Expanding MCC to include a function that mirrors the user interface process to load the XMLTV EPG would be a great option. Please give it some thought..   ;D

+1
An MCC command for an EPG refresh would be awesome.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 08:25:22 am »

+1
An MCC command for an EPG refresh would be awesome.

x1000!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

I will put that on my list.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

A Media Center Command would be the bare minimum requirement for me. I was VERY surprised when I found out that I couldn't set a time, rules, or conditions to load or refresh the EPG, and had to just set it up and wait for it to happen. Doing this would be just the first step to creating truly usable EPG functionality, and ensuring programs, however they are selected for recording, are in fact recorded, in full.

Add to that the ability to select programs for recording based on keywords, rules, repeats or not, priority (for when clashes occur on tuners), TV series identifiers, and no doubt a host of other things I can't list off the top of my head right now. The current ability to select a single program, or subscribe to a series, but without any control over what "series" means, is VERY basic.

There are lots of examples out there of what can be done, and what works very well. In Australia, TEDS Suite, IceTV, Big Screen EPG, for example.

Anyway, at least some work is being done on TV capabilities I guess. Thanks for that! :)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 01:51:33 am »

Add to that the ability to select programs for recording based on keywords, rules, repeats or not, priority (for when clashes occur on tuners), TV series identifiers, and no doubt a host of other things I can't list off the top of my head right now. The current ability to select a single program, or subscribe to a series, but without any control over what "series" means, is VERY basic.

Conceptually, what you sound like you're asking for is for the MC Command capability to be expanded to mirror and extend upon the GUI driven functions that come with MC Television. The engine's there, it's a case of having access to the levers to drive it where you want.

Should be doable. I'm just glad to hear that we're getting some development thinking in the area. It will all be for the good. Step by step. Enjoy the ride..  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up