INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lower cost version of Media Center  (Read 1409 times)

Simmo

Lower cost version of Media Center
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

Hi,

I'm a bit shy in asking, but is there a lower cost version of Media Center?

The reason is that I only want to use it for my TV tuner, and other than WMC this is the only program that will do the job.

I'm based in Kenya and don't want to buy a TV, so the TV tuner is potentially a great solution for me. The challenge is that WMC needs an IR blaster and I can't find one here.

Options? Ideas?

Thanks,

Simon

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lower cost version of Media Center
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:39:13 am »

Just a question. What does WMC do that MC19 won't? I've tried WMC my self several times, and I can't stand testing it for more than a few hours. Might be something I've missed though?

There are not any cheaper versions of MC19 available. There was a free version in MC15, called Jukebox I think? But the TV part has been very much improved since then, AND the free version was only for Music. I've not checked blaster solutions, but MC has the option to control other devices (and apps?) with the integrated IR and command options. You might want to check it out in the options.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lower cost version of Media Center
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:43:35 am »

WMC doesn't require an IR blaster...but you would need a keyboard.  You can use the arrow (cursor) keys, and space bar to select.  There is keyboard shortcuts for almost everything in WMC...just google it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up