INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Lag increases as time goes on  (Read 973 times)

roch0065

Zone Lag increases as time goes on
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »

Hello, I have purchased and been using mediacenter as a distributed audio source for a few months now.  Most of the time I listen in one room and pretty much everything has been working seamlessly.  However, I have noticed that there is a noticable audio lag between zones that increases over time and I do not know how to correct it.  I have used the room correction and everything is in sync when I first press play, but after a half hour or so, it starts getting out of sync.  If I pause it briefly and hit play it gets back in sync.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone Lag increases as time goes on
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:03:59 am »

If you are only listening/playing back to one source at a time where is your sync issue?

If you have set up zones that are area specific and you linked the zones (eg same music comes out of you stereo downstairs and from your computer upstairs) there is a slider to correct Menu ==> Player ==> Zones ==> Adjust Link Timing. I don't know why you are expereiencing lag after a half hour and not immediately however. Room correction is not related btw.

Not sure I understand your issue as I said, but I would go Player Zones - and Unlink. Choose the zone you want on for your listening area, or if you want different media playing from different sources. Zones are not necessarily physical players remember (more like separate configurations).  If you are having a party, or want to wander around listening to the same thing relink the zones. You can also control remotely one player from another without being "linked", btw.

more info if this helps http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ZoneLink and http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones slightly outdated
Pages: [1]   Go Up