INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Directv  (Read 3393 times)

bulldogger

• World Citizen
Streaming Directv
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:26:46 am »

Is this the easiest way to watch content? Does it work well with HD material?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Streaming Direct TV
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are asking.

By "Direct TV", you do not mean DirecTV, the satellite TV, do you?

Can you explain exactly what you need to do?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:05:33 am »

Yes, Directv. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/technology/directv2pc I would like to watch Directv on my pc and use JRiver Red October HQ.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 03:10:39 am »

Yes, Directv. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/technology/directv2pc I would like to watch Directv on my pc and use JRiver Red October HQ.

I don't get the plan. You can use MC's DLNA functionality to stream video over your home network to a client PC. Why pay for an expensive piece of "middle man" software?

Is there more to this than what appears from the sideline?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:53 am »

I don't get the plan. You can use MC's DLNA functionality to stream video over your home network to a client PC. Why pay for an expensive piece of "middle man" software?

Is there more to this than what appears from the sideline?
? It's FREE. Your saying I can stream any satellite service without any special software? Live satellite service and pay channels? Just use DLNA?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:00:35 am »

? It's FREE.

OK .. reword .. why involve another piece of software in the chain when MC can stream video in your master PC as the server to feed a client PC? Still don't get it. Your call though. Up to you.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:14:43 am »

OK .. reword .. why involve another piece of software in the chain when MC can stream video in your master PC as the server to feed a client PC? Still don't get it. Your call though. Up to you.
I don't see anything about being able to stream live satellite service with a Directv receiver being used as a server. Media Share only appears to work for videos, music, and photos http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/technology/mediashare so I am not sure what you are saying?? The other program will stream recorded material. How exactly do I get a "pay" service unto my PC to stream in the first place? My master PC can't receive a satellite service so how could it stream Directv?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Streaming Directv
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »

Apologies. Didn't read the manual. Oops.   :-[

From what I can glean from a quick search:
http://forums.directv.com/search.jspa?q=dlna
the DirecTV system uses encryption over DLNA and there's some forum discussion around connecting Vid Game boxes where the manufacturers licence the encryption protocol. If you were to get MC to play ball, then wouldn't J River have to lay out some cash for the privilege?

If that's the case, then it will come down to the commercial leverage from the MC user base. If it's small, then your chances would appear slim.  :-\

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

Ahhhh. Thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up