INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a haandy way to know which CD's you have not yet ripped ??  (Read 1470 times)

Smiler

Hi All
When online I CDDB several CDs' at once. But it can be several ddays before I get a chance to rip and encode, so suffering from AlZhiemers as I do
I can forget which CD I have yet to encode.  I may be missing something in MJ that indicates this, can someone help me out.
Many Thanks.
Smiler
Currently on MJ V8.227
Win XP Pro

sekim

RE:Is there a haandy way to know which CD's you have not yet ripped ??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 11:40:00 am »

Smiler

You should be able to tell if they are encoded by going into media library. If they show up under album or album/artist they are encoded. If not, the cd shouldn't show up in either list.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 11:43:59 am »

Plus you could probably build a smartlist that will show you tracks that are on CD but not in a Media View somewhere.

Maybe something like... |PLS|type=[cda]

Would that work? All of my music is encoded already, so I don't how MJ deals with CD playback.

sekim

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 11:56:01 am »

Doof  

Could you elaborate a little more? I have a disc sitting right here to try out. I don't use, or rather have not set up any smartlists.

Smiler

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 01:26:55 pm »

Thanks for the replies:-

Some elaboration in my CD list I have 150 CD catalogued ie tracks are named numbered genre is set and year etc. etc.
So far I have 123 encoded  so 27 still to do  it is not easy to see which I have still yet to encode, I want to figure if I can sort in some way CDs' yet to be encoded.

Machinehead is right but it is unhandy sorting through 150/123 CD/albums and the lis is changing almost daily as the rest of my CD's are catalogued.
Here's Hoping
Smiler

Weasel

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 01:29:54 pm »

On Real Jukebox a message stating whether you have completely ripped a CD and showing which tracks have and have not been ripped appears whenever an audio CD is detected in a drive.  Perhaps Smiler is wondering if such a feature exists on MJ.  If not, it might be worth adding to a future version.

sekim

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 01:36:17 pm »

Smiler

Another way that may be faster is to type in the album in search. I believe you still have to select media library first t get the search commmand to show up.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 01:36:30 pm »

Smiler

Another way that may be faster is to type in the album in search. I believe you still have to select media library first to get the search commmand to show up.

Michael Horton

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 02:18:24 pm »

Leave your CDDB verified CDs on the desk next to the computer. When they are ripped, put them away where they belong. The ones left on the desk aren't ripped.

Smiler

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2002, 02:24:50 pm »

MHorton
Ohh to be so organised. No desk, the computer is a laptop, CDs' are all over the floor, NO HOPE Next Page

But hey I have put my thinking cap on, The race is on who will find the solution first LOL
Smiler
enjoy the huntNext PageNext Page

sekim

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2002, 02:29:53 pm »

Smiler

Throw evil machine out window. Turn on radio.

Just Kidding Next Page

Michael Horton

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2002, 02:39:41 pm »

No desk [he said as he sat there stunned, shaking his head in disbelief]? No desk. No . . .desk. no. desk. Desk, no. Desk no. No matter how you say it, it doesn't add up. Might just as well say "es knod." Or "lime green espionage smacking turpentine table marshmellows." Makes just about as much sense. Cds all over the floor. THAT I understood. At my house, it means they haven't been ripped.

sekim

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2002, 02:44:48 pm »

MHorton

I think I had those for breakfast once.

"lime green espionage smacking turpentine table marshmellows."

Michael Horton

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2002, 02:54:32 pm »

MAchineHead

Yea. Does your wife travel? When my wife is gone for more than a couple of weeks, I pull those things out of a chinese take-up box in the back of the frig--leftovers from the night she left. I make 'um last 'tll she gets back. When she returns, she won't kiss me until she watches we brush my teeth . . . after gargling with anti-bacterial soap.

OK, things are back to normal. I'm off-topic and screwing up someone else's thread. I'll shup up now.

Smiler

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2002, 01:54:02 pm »

OK I am doing it the hard way Next Page Next Page
Weasel is probably right Lets put this in early for MJ Version 9 with a batch CD Look up tooNext Page
Cheers SmilerNext Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up