INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MyMovies and MC18  (Read 1295 times)

YannisA

• Junior Woodchuck
MyMovies and MC18
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:05:15 pm »

I used to tag my movies with Mymovies 3.xx, installed on a desktop PC.
Today, I've installed Mymovies Collection Management 4.xx on my laptop.
Though the procedure of tagging a movie is similar for Mymovies 3.xx and 4.xx, the results are completely different in MC18.
Movies tagged by Mymovies 3.xx display every detail. In opposite, movies tagged by Mymovies 4.xx display only the cover art and the path to the file.
Do I miss something?

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »

Hi,

First you need 500 points to enable the My Movies jriver sidecar option. If you have that then in my movies select jriver then update which will create all the sidecar files. When done go into jriver then highlight your movies then select library tools, update library from tags which will read all the sidecar files.

I recommend creating a library backup first.

John

Will try and do update when I'm back in front of pc. On mobile at the mo.

YannisA

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MyMovies and MC18
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:52:20 am »

Thanks for replying.

The reason for installing Mymovies also in my laptop, was for the needs of creating a guide, for members of a forum.
In this guide, I was planning to show "video tagging" in MC, by means of Mymovies. (This is what I use 5 years now).
The forum is in Greece and the thread is here http://www.avclub.gr/forum/showthread.php/59873-JRiver-Media-Center

From your reply i understand that, newcomers in Mymovies (with zero uploaded movie details), cannot use Mymovies for tagging their videos in MC.

Therefore, there is no sence for creating a guide for this.
Am I correct?
Thanks again for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up