INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Looking for Digital Audio Consultant  (Read 700 times)

Bob L.

OT: Looking for Digital Audio Consultant
« on: March 19, 2002, 02:57:26 pm »

I am in the process of setting up digital audio music systems for myself and a friend.  MJ is my current favorite all-in-one program.  I’ve been doing some research on my own for the last month or two and believe I could use the help of someone with more experience for configuring/setting up the systems and on-going support/enhancement.  If you have any ideas for other places where I could look for this person, I’d sure appreciate the heads-up.  My e-mail address is mediabl@pacbell.net.   Feel free to forward this note to anyone who might be interested.

I’m looking for someone with most or all the following knowledge and experience:

1.  Intel (98/XP) and Mac (and Linux server?) networking
2.  PC based sound cards (hi audio quality)
3.  CD Ripping and Burning (EAC/APE/MPEGplus/etc.)
4.  Vinyl/Tape Ripping with click/tape hiss removal and noise reduction
5.  Turtle Beach Audiotron
6.  File Playback/Catalog/Database software (Media Jukebox/Music Match/Winamp, etc.) on both Intel and Mac
7.  Portable players (Rio/Nomad, etc.)
8.  Traditional Audio System configuration and setup.

Geographically speaking I’m in central Los Angeles (Silverlake area) and I’m searching for someone within commuting distance.   This could be someone who does this for a living or with the right knowledge moonlighting from a day job.  

Thanks in advance for any responses or referrals.

Bob L.
mediabl@pacbell.net

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:OT: Looking for Digital Audio Consultant
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 03:10:51 pm »

Wow. An employment board, too. It IS music related so I guess it fits.
Of course lately even being music related hasn't been a criteria for inclusion in Interact.
We talk about politics, religion, religion as it relates to politics, IRS problems and whatever else we can think of. So "Welcome Bob L." Good luck. This is a good place to look.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up