INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learning IR codes  (Read 1409 times)

burger

Learning IR codes
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:47:55 am »

Hi everyone, can J River learn remote codes from any remote or only MCE remotes? 

I have tried to set this up so that I can map button presses from my Logitech remote to custom actions like changing Zone, shuffle etc.   However I have found that in "Learning" mode J River only recognises key presses from my MCE remote - like "My Music". "My Videos" etc.  I have a MCE keyboard remote also and J River will only learn the MCE related buttons; it will not learn any other generic key presses from the QWERTY keyboard itself.  E.g. I tried to map IR keypress "z" to toggling zones, but it will not even recognise that I have pressed "z", just sits there with the "Learning..." text displayed. 

Am I doing something wrong, is this designed behaviour or a bug?

All help appreciated, cheers.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Learning IR codes
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:42:47 am »

Same here. Can'T learn codes and using latest 19.0.82
Is it dependent on WIndows Media Center (which I uninstalled from my system)
thx

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Learning IR codes
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

you could try to enable remote etc hid... under remote control>devices.. but with logitechs setpoint for instance, im not sure what it would pickup. if that does not work you could disable setpoint as a test, and then enable it again when necessary, and disable the commands from the remote for setpoint only. there is a thread about that somewhere in the wiki. :)

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up