INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to get MC to pause in between each song in an album?  (Read 4048 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen

Sounds dumb but I'm a musician and I want to use MC to play backing tracks and I need it to stop playback at the end of each song so I can choose whether or not to play the next song or switch to another.

Is there a way around this? Is there a control setting available for this?

Thanks

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

There is a Stop After Each Item option in the Repeat menu that should work for you (see the screenshot below).

thezone

• Galactic Citizen

Thats awesome thanks! I dont suppose there's anyway to get multiple stereo tracks/stems to play simultaneously with assignable channel outputs eg more than 2? I realize this is probably not possible.

Cheers

Edit this doesn't work properly. On one occasion it didnt stop playback after the last song ad play the first one in the album. Does it matter which playback option you select eg "Play" Play All" Play with Play doctor"?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Take a look at the Zone functionality to play more than one track at the same time, with speakers assigned to zones as you require. Search around here for a description on how to do it. I can't tell you, because I haven't done it!

You may have issues if you wish to sync the play of two tracks at the same time though, or start them at exactly the same time. Once again, there is some sync functionality I think, but I haven't done it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up