INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hanging on Television Ceton Infinitv4  (Read 1319 times)

mugs

• Recent member
Hanging on Television Ceton Infinitv4
« on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:57 am »

So i have the ceton infinitv4 I had problems getting it to be recognized but that seems to worked out although sometimes it is quite slow to pick it up. If i try to watch tv or record tv i get first a black screen that turns white and hangs. I am using a trial and trying to decide if i should buy it or not. The only reason i really want it is to get away from MC7 in windows. any help in this would be appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Hanging on Television Ceton Infinitv4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »

I have not seen a situation like this.  Is it really hanging or it just takes a few seconds?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mugs

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:50:09 am »

no it hangs and i have use task manager to shut it down.

mugs

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:36 am »

I have tried repeatedly to get this to work any ideas at all as to why this happens. Once again it looks like it might be working i get a black screen that appears like the beginning of the television starting then it turns completely white and hangs. Ideas anyone?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:53 am »

Email me a log.  Instructions are here.  yaobing at jriver dot com

warped45

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

Hi all, this is my first post on here, I've been using MC primarily for the audio features but I just bought a Ceton Infiniti pci4 and picked up an M card from Comcast yesterday. I have a similar issue where MC is hanging on tuning tv stations. If I leave it for a period of time while it's on the white screen and spinning blue ring of death, it eventually tunes to the station.  A couple things I found when doing initial troubleshooting were that it if Windows Media Center is still installed it seems like WMC services hijacks the Ceton tuners.  Even though I ran through scan channels and guide setup successfully in MC, I could not tune Live TV until I uninstalled WMC.  Also complicating matters is a Hauppauge 2250 capture card that I use to rip old VHS tapes. I disabled the device in the device manager and the Hauppauge services in the services.msc to eliminate it for now.  I haven't been turned it back on yet since I'm having the issue above. Any advice is appreciated!  I really love this software, especially the audiophile geek in me!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:49:33 pm »

Ceton does provide ways to detect whether a tuner is in use by any application, but apparently Microsoft does not pay enough attention to such matter and would use a tuner if the user had told it to use it previously.  Disabling Microsoft WMC, at least disabling its service component should let you avoid such problem.  I am not sure, but maybe you should be able to tell WMC not to use any Ceton tuners (because when you initially set it up, WMC asks you to decide how many and which Ceton tuners you want to use in WMC).

warped45

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 12:19:18 pm »

Just to follow up on this - I managed to sort out my issues with what I perceived to be a delay in tuning.  Since I'm just starting setting my media center up for video, I ended up installing an SSD drive for my host OS  to speed things up; as part of that I installed a clean OS and manufacturer drivers.  While doing so, I remembered that the display drivers on the previous OS HD (Seagate 2TB) were set to a custom resolution in the Intel display control panel to adjust horizontal/vertical size.  I am pretty certain that the culprit wasn’t an issue with tuning at all, it was the video card attempting to render the screen in a custom resolution.  The SSD drive really sped things up; now it's on to getting my Logitech Harmony remote to work with the IR blaster on the PC.  Thanks for the help! 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

Thanks for the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up