INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 with Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC  (Read 4876 times)

ricardo52

MC 18 with Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me get my new Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC working with DSD files.  I'm running MC18.0.211 and PCM plays perfectly through the new DAC.  However, I've been unable to get the DAC to output audio when playing DSD files over DOP.

I spoke with one of the Ayre engineers today and he said it sounds like the QB-9 isn't receiving the DSD flag.   I've tried both DOP 1.0 and Legacy format with the same results (the DAC displays 176 indicating it has locked on a PCM signal at 176 kHz but there is no audio).

The Ayre engineer said he just received a JRiver license today and will be testing out the player with the QB-9 as soon as he can get to it, but I'm hoping someone else here in the forum has already resolved the issue.    Any suggestions on settings I should try in MC?

FYI, I'm running MC 18.0.211 on a generic Windows 7 32-bit pc with 4 GB ram and dual 2.0GhZ processors and running the TUSBAudio ASIO driver (provided by Ayre).  My USB cable is a 1 meter AudioQuest Diamond.  Output from the QB-9 is into an Audio Research LS27 preamp and then to an Ayre VX-R amp and Vandersteen 5A speakers.  (I know, none of the last 2 sentences matter but it's an opportunity to brag about my gear, such as it is.  ;D

-ricardo-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 18 with Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »

Our wiki has a topic called DSD Format. 

ricardo52

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:31:07 am »

Morning, Jim.

I've been reading various topics in the wiki since purchasing MC16 awhile back.   And I upgrade with every new release (GREAT product, btw).  Although I've found LOTS of great information there, the wiki hasn't really helped with this issue.

A couple of folks over in the Computer Audiophile forum have confirmed they are able to play DSD files to the QB-9 via MC18 and have provided a few things to try.   I'll post to both forums once I get this working.

Regards,

-ricardo-

ricardo52

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:32:37 am »

Folks over on the Computer Audiophile forum  suggested I try WASAPI Event Style with the Ayre QB-9 and that corrected my DSD playback issue.  For anyone else attempting to configure MC18 to playback DSD bit-perfect using the Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC, please note that the Ayre instructions regarding configuring Media Center in USB Class 2 mode state that you require the TUSBAudio ASIO Driver.  This driver does NOT appear to work correctly with Media Center.  At least not with MC 18.0.211.

Regards,

-Ricardo-

ufoerp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:51:40 am »

Folks over on the Computer Audiophile forum  suggested I try WASAPI Event Style with the Ayre QB-9 and that corrected my DSD playback issue.  For anyone else attempting to configure MC18 to playback DSD bit-perfect using the Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC, please note that the Ayre instructions regarding configuring Media Center in USB Class 2 mode state that you require the TUSBAudio ASIO Driver.  This driver does NOT appear to work correctly with Media Center.  At least not with MC 18.0.211.

Regards,

-Ricardo-

Mine QB9 DSD could only play DSD file at DOP mode in foobar newest version and QB9 shows "64"
Pages: [1]   Go Up